Views: 1220|Replies: 1

Nedwons--Short story Part One [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-5 08:42:20 |Display all floors

“The new manual is looking good,” John smiles. “How long do you think it will take to finish it?”

“About five more months.” Ned gives his estimate.

“Where would you like to go after that?” John dangles another hook.

“Internet operations?” says Ned.

“Sounds good.” John smiles and nods.

Six months later

“Okay the final rewrite is complete. It goes into use after the board looks at it.” John smiles at Ned over coffee in the break room.  “You have some vacation time. Why don’t you take it? We will find a place in Internet services in the meantime.”

Month later

“We don’t have a place for you right now. I’ll extend your vacation for a month. Hold tight.” John puts Ned off. Ned starts to look worried.

“Right.” Ned starts to feel that proverbial knife in the back. “I need to go see my mother Earthside.”

“Charge the ticket to your account here.” John offers, wanting the record of his actions.

“Thanks.” Ned manages a smile and leaves.

John calls security.

“I’m forwarding a file to you. Ned Wons should be booking a flight to earth side soon. I want you to take a team and follow him. Don’t stop him. Just follow and monitor until further notice,” John says.

“Done.” Bully Hayes, chief of security,  knows the show.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-5 09:37:33 |Display all floors
we'd call it DAMAGE CONTROL
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.