Author: xenophobia

it is 4:45 am China time, www.foxnews.com, USA censors free press ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-1 21:34:56 |Display all floors

News outlets in China

Besides Xinhua, China Daily and CCTV,   there are only a few more English news outlets such as:

People's Daily
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn

China Radio International
http://www.crienglish.com

They are all state-run media services rather than the independent ones.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-1 21:38:16 |Display all floors

Shame in Iraq

200405012138167dac.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-1 21:39:17 |Display all floors

Shame in Iraq

2004050121391794b3.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-1 21:40:07 |Display all floors

Shame in Iraq

20040501214007af99.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-2 17:20:40 |Display all floors

Fox isn't news

Fox is a Republican party-funded media(?) network that has as it's mandate the repudiation of anything said by anyone against the Thief-in-Chief or his crew.

It is owned by the billionaire Rupert Murdoch but most importantly is actually headed up by Roger Ailes, the Republican party's pre-eminent political consultant. The man who helped elect Nixon, Reagan, and Bush II. He produced Rush Limbaughs failed anti-democracy party, anti-anybody that isn't a Republican, TV show. The staffers-cum-panelists-cum-consultants include, among other Repulicans, Tony Snow - former speech writer for Bush II and often substitute for the Rush Limbaugh radio show - when he was in detox for example.

Fox News(?) is actually a Comedy Show and not intended to be taken as factual or real. It is both pure entertainment and an apologist for the Republican party and the current holders of Al Gore's office space.

Nothing that can be seen as 'negative' for Republicans can appear on Fox News(?) until there has been an opportunity to sanitize the information as best as possible to lessen any negative impact on the Cheney (oops I mean Bush II) Presidency.

As others have commented, there are numerous other services available from which to get real news.

Fortunately - or unfortunately because I enjoy a good laugh - I don't receive Fox News(?). Here in Shenzhen I only get CBS, ABC, CNN, BBC World, MSNBC, Bloomberg, Phoenix, Pearl and World (from HK) and CCTV.

CCTV also did not come right out with the pictures by the way, they are slightly more circumspect with pictures that may tend to inflame passions - but the news is viewed differently in China as "information" and not as entertainment.

CCTV isn't downplaying the situation either as relates to the "very few, I am certain" American and British soldiers involved, but neither are they playing it up for ratings points.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-3 04:25:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-3 04:33:53 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.