Views: 6594|Replies: 18

[Original]How to find a foreign teacher? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-1 10:07:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by china.pm at 2013-7-3 09:51

200120121019162739843.jpg

How to find a foreign teacher?

Yesterday,my sister gave me a call that she wanted to find a foreign teacher for her daughter, just for having a good English learning atmosphere.

This is not only my sister’s wish, in fact, it is also many parents’ hope, but by lacking of foreign teachers, many parents have to pay much to send their children to study aboard.

I understand them very well and I hope our local kids could speak English loudly and fluently like those kids in metropolis cities; I hope they do not have aforeign teacher only when went to universities like me; I hope they will not speak Chinglish again.

I even would like to open an English school, but the problem is that I do not know how to find such a good foreign teacher. I could write down this message on net, but almost all webs are in Chinese edition, how could they read it?

Do you like to give me some suggestions?

2012920640192913.jpg

20111207005151.jpg

pics from net

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-7-2 09:54:00 |Display all floors
You're look for foreign teachers>?
Are you going to open up a school ?
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-2 10:38:27 |Display all floors
Finding a foreign teacher is very easy, just put an ad on expat websites (I know more the Shanghainese ones like enjoy shanghai, time out shanghai, but you can try asia expat or just type "China classifieds" in google).

Finding a GOOD foreign teacher is another problem. You should make sure they have a teaching degree (but keep in mind that some great teachers do not have a teaching degree and that some teachers with a teaching degree are terrible...) and you should offer them a motivating salary. I see lots of offer for teaching jobs paid 6000 RMB per month, I don't see how anyone who is an experienced teacher who wants to make a career out of it would be interested in such a low income.

Finally, it may not be that necessary to have a foreigner to teach you english until university. Students need to have strong basis in grammar and it is better when explained in their own language. Nobody expects a non native speaker to speak without any accent. Anyway, what's the point of not having an accent if one is not capable of making a proper sentence.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-2 16:32:11 |Display all floors
With the new laws that has been put into affect from 1st July, it is going to be real hard to get legal foreign teachers. I also see a rise in their salary because of these laws as it can now be dangerous to be an illegal teacher as it can cost the teacher a lot of money or jail time  and also the school for which you work.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-3 09:55:03 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-7-2 09:54
You're look for foreign teachers>?
Are you going to open up a school ?

Yes, have this idea, our local kids need a good English atmosphere, really.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-7-3 09:57:07 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-7-2 10:38
Finding a foreign teacher is very easy, just put an ad on expat websites (I know more the Shanghaine ...

, many thanks, thanks for ur good advice!

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-7-3 12:28:37 |Display all floors
china.pm Post time: 2013-7-3 09:55
Yes, have this idea, our local kids need a good English atmosphere, really.

No they don't ! They need a strong grammatical basis !

The first time I had a native English teacher was once I was in university. And it was easy for me to focus on what he was saying because I had a strong grammatical basis. And yes, sometimes I say Ze instead of The, big deal ! Truth is I had better results at English tests such as TOEFL or TOEIC than many native English speakers, truth is I know that "should of" is not proper grammatically while JFenix, who is a native English speaker apparently doesn't !

When you build a house, you don't start with the roof ! You need to lay strong foundations !
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.