Author: SnowWhites

[Friendship] [Original]Do Westerners like Chinese people?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-1 10:52:06 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-6-28 12:28
What You post here - are extremes.
And what can You say about the intelligence of the persons who "b ...

What I would gather from those tweets is that there are a lot of racists in America. ...and yes, a lot of idiots too.

The people I know who have experience with Chinese don't trust them, because Chinese are less open and honest than we are.

I have many Chinese colleagues and customers who have lied to me and tried to trick me. So I think the proper thing is to say I don't trust them as much as I do Americans, until I REALLY know them well. So I think it's fair to say we generalize Chinese as 'sneaky.'

In my defense, I think Chinese people don't trust each OTHER as much as Americans do either. ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 10:54:09 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-6-28 18:35
That's how they all are, especially white males. But they will of course deny this fact and say that ...

^ Haha, you see? China has racists too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 11:04:17 |Display all floors
Just now, I'm having a chat with my girlfriend.

I asked her a simple question several months ago; she did not answer, but evaded the question and changed the topic.

Today, I asked her the same question. Same thing. She talked about other things, but would not answer the question.

Today, I pressed her a little more, as it annoyed me. So she answered me finally. Innocent answer! Why was she evasive? Why not just give a direct, straightforward answer?

Then, she said my curiosity makes her uncomfortable sometimes. I replied that her evasiveness makes ME uncomfortable. Why be evasive and create suspicion when there is no reason? She said couples need some space between each other. (In other words, I should back off and let her be evasive when she wants to be, but still trust her completely)

It is little things like that that make Americans (or at least the ones I know well) mistrust Chinese and Koreans.

Is it racist? Maybe a bit, but it is also based on personal experience.

FWIW - In my business dealings with Japanese, they are more honest and open. Is it because their culture values honor more? Or am I being fooled and I don't even know it? Hehehe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 11:07:50 |Display all floors
Another time, I had a Chinese customer who opened up a no-bill job to update their schematic in their file.

I asked them what is new, why does it need the update?

They said they just changed the way it was drawn or something; administrative.

This seemed fishy to me, as I had been burned by them before.

So I looked closely, compared them side-by-side, every component. They had changed their electrical design, and wanted to sneak that through as an admin change! Then later, they would request we change the description in their file to match the schematic, and claim it was our typo!   

Result: Ever since then, I do not take Chinese's word for anything in business. I have to confirm every detail.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 13:17:00 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-7-1 03:03
I thought you were looking?!

It was no secret.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 17:40:56 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-7-1 09:17
It was no secret.

well goodluck!!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 17:50:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-7-1 13:51
Smaug Post time: 2013-7-1 07:04
Just now, I'm having a chat with my girlfriend.

I asked her a simple question several months ago; s ...

It is little things like that that make Americans (or at least the ones I know well) mistrust Chinese and Koreans.

If I may:
I am no authority on Koreans but i can tell you this much...............if the Korean is evasive, you should worry. Korea is almost my 2nd home...

I have several friends in Korea, no, not those that wants to get out of Korea due to whatever reasons, but those that won't live anywhere else due to the fact that they have it good. They are never never evasive. In fact very direct. As one would say, I don't need anything off a guy.....so why would I lie?

Those Koreans that are evasive are shifty.........due to limited resources and the need to maximise whatever it is they have going on. same goes for Japanese.

Come to think of it same goes fro girls everywhere! As a rule of thumb, if a girl starts using cultural differences it is to gain an advantage and to obfuscate!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.