Author: SnowWhites

[Friendship] [Original]Do Westerners like Chinese people?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-29 15:36:57 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-6-28 18:35
That's how they all are, especially white males. But they will of course deny this fact and say that ...

So we must assume that you also go to these expat bars, or how else would you know what happens there? You hate white westerners so are you any different? Everywhere in the world there are people who "hate" each other for reasons of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation or whatever. As a percentage of the world population they are a tiny minority. That is life, it will never change, learn to live with it.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-6-30 12:54:25 |Display all floors
lioncitytemasek Post time: 2013-6-29 08:51
Racism is a topic that often discussed. It happens, it is there. Why can't people discuss it? Sweep  ...

Racism is a topic and certainly should not be swept under the carpet. I believe the "problem" here is your presentation of the topic stating most westerners are racists based on a few snippets from the Internet.

It is exactly like if I said all Chinese are racists based on this forum.

Also, I stand by what White Bear said, Westerner does not equal American. I am French and we actually have quite a good opinion of Chinese people. Their image in France is of hard working resilient honest people who mostly keep to themselves. And yes you can also find French people who hate Chinese people.

Racism is a topic that should be discussed and racism should be fought strongly. But one has to keep in mind that every country in the world has racists just like every country in the world has enlightened people.

Finally I would like to say the people who wrote the messages on twitter are complete morons in addition to racists. I find it hard to believe someone can be so influenced by a movie...
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-30 21:50:50 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2013-6-30 12:54
Racism is a topic and certainly should not be swept under the carpet. I believe the "problem" here ...

Racism is repugnant. Having experienced the ugly face of racism, I am disgusted so i openly attempt to show the repulsive side of it.

Many Asian/ Chinese people do not have pleasant recollections of racist experience. Nothing wrong to bring it up.

White people experience less racism in China than Asian people do in the west. That's why so many foreigners are here. Yes, many expats moan and groan about all sorts of things BUT usually never racism directed against them.  Chinese people treat foreigners better than their  own. You know that. I know that.

You people are lucky to have a good life in China and have the liberty to look for and go out with Chinese girls. Good on you!

But, as foreigners you have to understand and be sensitive to the feelings of Chinese people.

Western men coming to China and going out with Chinese girls obviously have some negative reactions amongst the locals. But, this reaction is not as strong as Chinese men going to western countries and seen going out with western girls. In any case, few Chinese men would go out with western women.

Of course there are lots of good open-minded people around! I don't deny that.

But imagine you are in France or the UK, you have lots of Chinese men working there and almost every one has a white girl, how do you think the locals would feel? You have got to be honest with yourself.

Not too long ago, we wage tribals wars. One tribe conquers the other; the conquerors kill all the men of the opposing sides and take all the women. There is primal instinct in us all even though we are now "civilized" and regard cannibalism as evil and unacceptable. People still kill each other over football, over women and what have you. Murders happen in every society, developed, developing of undeveloped ones.

I hope you understand what my point is.

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 03:01:13 |Display all floors
And Chinese people? I once had a misguided Chinese man call my friend a whore....he was lucky as he could have been drinking his food but for other people that told him to shut up before I shut him up!

I took this off the net as a counter riposte......so what say you?

Two weeks ago I had one of those occasional periods where I just didn’t want to be in China anymore. The nationalistic outcry against foreigners online stemming from the rapist, the rude cellist and the Beijing crackdown was palpable. Then CCTV’s Yang Rui added a “dose of poison” to it all with some insensitive comments, followed by a number of Chinese netizens telling Charlie Custer to shut up and get out of their country for his criticism of Yang. I half expected to meet a lynch mob with torches and pitchforks sniffing out foreigners when I walked out my Beijing door.

But then I did the best thing I could have done: I turned off my computer and actually walked outside. For the last two weeks I’ve barely looked at a computer screen, and it’s made a big difference.

I traveled to Sichuan and Shandong, meeting nothing but kindness and curiosity from locals. Nobody seemed the least bit influenced by the supposed anti-foreign atmosphere. (This blogger illustrates a similar experience with nice pictures).

On one bus ride I did encounter a middle-aged Chinese man who, as soon as I told him I was American, proceeded to rattle off every Chinese grievance with the United States from the past 60 years. Touching on everything from the Belgrade embassy bombing to interference in Libya, he said things like “America tries to rule the world. It’s really evil!” After several minutes, he got louder and inadvertently started replacing “America” with “you all” in his rant. When the rest of the bus started laughing at him though, he became self-aware, laughed along, grabbed my hand, and said, “…But you and I are just normal people. It has nothing to do with us. We’re friends.”
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 03:03:58 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-6-29 10:18
I am dating a Chinese girl, much better than Western women.

I thought you were looking?!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 03:04:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-7-1 13:42

beep beep beep

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-1 03:15:46 |Display all floors
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-6-28 23:10
I agree. As an American, I used to hate China because I was told to by mass corporate media. After ...

You are Chinese and was misled into hating Chinese people and China? What are we to make of this ill advised confession?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.