Author: nealrussel

An view on heavy pollution in Heibei province   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-22 19:58:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-22 22:04:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SDIvester at 2013-6-22 22:19

What to do with all that Municipal Waste?

The sludge created at a municipal wastewater treatment plant and in the industrial sector, if not contaminated with toxic substances should be and are being composted and returned to the earth for recycling. Some may not agree with this, but if you wish to reclaim land lost from over use, or lack of water, you need a source of organic material to start the process.
Think about this; You have no land to grow a forest but a large desert, What do you need to make it green again? Water, a Organic Base, Plants. The organic base has nutrients for the plants to survive, The water, if there is non, could be obtained from the ocean, as I suggested in my prior post, or the municipal plant. Once your land with these 2 items, PLANT YOUR FOREST.
Why a forest??? Think about the future with no Trees, no Water shed, no Life, no People. A forest needs CO2 to breath, we have created enough to complain about that! In return for the plentiful supply of water, nutrients, and CO2, a forest will give us OXYGEN to breath. Not a bad exchange if you ask me. A forest covers the land and cools down the earth in return! A forest prevents water from rapid evaporation of our most precious resource, Water. Last, a forest doesn't create polution, as it cleans the air, it also filters and cleans the water in the aquafers it so kindly covers for your use! Hey, maybe after we do all this we can start counting Chipmunks again instead of Road Kill. Animals need a place to live too.

But where would we live if we make nothing but forests??? The human race has been nothing but a Cancer on the Earth that Mother Nature will soon deal with. Do you think she cares? NO! I WOULD EITHER BUILD UP, OR DOWN, BUT NOT OUT. Contaminates need to be controlled, and people have shown little of that!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-24 12:00:59 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-6-22 19:58
Of course the west have deep sea oil experience.
Has China got the experience without western help ...

Duke of Duck in London, England

1. I wouldn't say only British Technologies, USA, Europe has quite a big menu of such too!
2. Look at SLYVESTER the cat in Massachusettes, USA. He has better ideas on some business.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
South Yang Capital

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-24 12:40:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-24 14:01:41 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2013-6-22 22:04
What to do with all that Municipal Waste?

The sludge created at a municipal wastewater treatment pl ...

When I lived in the USA I used to buy a fertilizer called Milorganite.  It was made from the waste treatment sludge ffom a water treatment facility in Milwuakee, WI.  Great fertilizer, but it did smell like sh1t.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-24 14:21:02 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-6-24 12:40
Yes G D but we both know that talk is cheap.

For China it needs quick action.

Duke of Duck in London, England

1. Imagine just PUBLIC HOUSING is worth US$1 trillion in 4 years. < US$1 trillion/32 million units = approximately US$30,000 a unit; ie. double income on minimum wages affordable> EPIC PROPORTIONS.

2. 160 CITIES with above 1 million citizens, 1,000 cities with above 500,000 citizens. MIND BOGGLING numbers and opportunities!

3. Cleaning up China - imagine reinvesting TRILLIONS of RMB in the 600 mil Tonnes faciltiies IRON & STEEL industries, 1,200 mil Tonnes CEMENT facilties, adding scrubbers-new plasma burning coal fired ELECTRICITY GENERATING plants. EPIC PROPORTIONS.

Big Money, Big Money.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
South Yang Capital

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-24 19:35:32 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-6-24 14:01
When I lived in the USA I used to buy a fertilizer called Milorganite.  It was made from the waste ...

If it smells bad, its GOOD SHIT!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.