Author: jvt1965

ABOUT RACISM [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-4 22:11:46 |Display all floors

funny

how a post about racism attracts the likes of temico.  what is his point?  that racism is bad?  that all other people besides chinese (not including hanjian) are racist?  is that why he denigrates pakistanis?

tell me, temico, what do you know about the native culture of twan?  do you think what happened on island several hundred years ago is similar to what happened to the natives in america's west?  you see, two can play the blame game.

it seems to me people like temico only serve to perpetuate racism (answer racism with racism), not address it constructively.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-4 22:40:10 |Display all floors

answer to temico

What do I actually mean by "native English speaker???"

I mean someone who's native language, who's first language, who's mother tongue, is English.

Interesting that your OED defines English as the native language of English only.  My Merriam-Webster's defines English as "the language of England, the U.S., and many areas now or formerly under British rule"

You also wrote:
"Any person whose ancestors did not ORIGINATE from England or who were not born or brought up in England from an early age CANNOT claim to be a "native English-speaker"."

Sorry, I totaly disagree with that.  To my knowledge, none of my ancestors came from England, but English is my native language.

D.H.

Use magic tools Report

gtnbia has been deleted
Post time 2004-5-4 23:04:06 |Display all floors

PROTECT THE PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!!!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

gtnbia has been deleted
Post time 2004-5-4 23:13:27 |Display all floors

I like this

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-4 23:44:17 |Display all floors

according to many anthropology authors

racism generates from jealousy. Jealousy of something that the other has and we want to poses, and so we turn it to a sort of paranoia.

In the case of Hitler and the nazis, it was the will of possesing the power the jews had; especially in the economic field.

What I don't understand then is what were the whites jealous about the blacks, chinese, indians etc... I think simply they feared their power would be taken away and so started a "war" against anything which was not the same and so racism was born. Then this pattern has been transfered to the other cultures.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-5 05:43:49 |Display all floors

Congratulations HeDan, you have a supporter!

My dog, Yankee, is a TRUE American, born and bred in America and it totally agrees with you! Its ancestors were also neither from England but were ABDUCTED African dogs forcefully shipped off in "cages" to America. Its first language is BARKING, termed "English" by the Americans, and is considered NATIVE to America displacing all the languages of the Native American "prairie dogs"!!
BTW, are you both, in any way, RELATED??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-5 06:38:23 |Display all floors

Really, gtnbia GU-WALLA??

Why are you upset with my TERRI MAGGA CHUTE cat who dared DIVULGE why her  " complexion is fair, but not white-white, and ..tan in the Sun, .. have dark brown and curly hair, and hazel eyes,..." origins?? It's always FUN to YAP about others but not to have your own A** exposed to the "elements", ain't it SINDAS-WALLA??

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.