Views: 4074|Replies: 12

[Original]Would you believe in God because everyone else does? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-15 21:23:57 |Display all floors
I didn't know until recently that my sister started going to church on Sundays.

She's married and settled in a city which is far from mine.

The other day, when she told me, I was surprised that she turned to believe in Christianity.

It's not that I'm against it.

I wish I could convince myself that there's God. So I bombed her with so many challenging questions, at last she gave in.

I found that she just goes to Church just like everyone around her does, including my borther-in-law.

Would you believe in God because everyone else does?

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-15 21:40:25 |Display all floors
My wife believes, I believe it is nonsense but to each there own, live and let live.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 22:31:42 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-6-15 21:40
My wife believes, I believe it is nonsense but to each there own, live and let live.

i also beliieve its nonsense but does it cause arguments between you two ?

Religion and politics splits families like nothing else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-15 22:54:14 |Display all floors
Believe in God has nothing to do with religion. I do believe in God but not the religious God. I believe God is something abstract with we can't see or touch. But to feel inside our-self which is cover by our intellectual mind. When we don't have this intellectual mind then we can feel it. That is call realization of God. I do believe in this God but not in that religious God. The great power of inner self.  Moreover its individual feeling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-16 02:04:19 |Display all floors
Only at Knife Point, and for only as long as I need to Escape!   

My Parents forced me to attend when I was young. Many have knocked on my door trying to turn me.

All have FAILED to convince me that there is a God with the exception of Uncle Sam, and the Almighty Dollar. There are times, I am disappointed with him also!   

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-16 09:23:25 |Display all floors
Dunce Post time: 2013-6-15 22:31
i also beliieve its nonsense but does it cause arguments between you two ?

Religion and politics  ...

No, we have enough sense not to talk about religion, as I said, live and let live.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-16 16:42:03 |Display all floors
I do believe that God exist. I attended a miracle healing session and I felt God did touch me. It is hard to describe but the feeling is fulfilling. No one can force you but between you and God. I was not even a Christian.
If we do not think that God exist, why do we use the phrase Act of God for unnatural disasters.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.