Author: linda_sun

Is China safe for expat women? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-7 02:23:24 |Display all floors
at least u wont get the same treatment in india for now

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-7 09:12:00 |Display all floors
Linda, again I ask for clarification.
R white females resident in China assuming Chinese men wouldn't DARE harass them because they r white?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-7 13:45:21 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2013-6-7 09:12
Linda, again I ask for clarification.
R white females resident in China assuming Chinese men wouldn' ...

It's nothing to do with race. They would fear the heavy penalty for harassing a foreigner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 07:47:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Icarusty at 2013-6-8 07:49
linda_sun Post time: 2013-6-7 13:45
It's nothing to do with race. They would fear the heavy penalty for harassing a foreigner.

The death penalty for sexual harrassment? Are you sure about that?

If that were the case then Chinese women wouldn't be harrassed and abused either... but they clearly are.

This makes it a race issue.

I do wonder why though - is it because white women are "above" in the social hierarchy? In the same way that Chinese men don't confront white men with chinese women relationships, whilst showing far more hostility with black men-chinese women couples? That in the minds of the Chinese, there is a racial hierarchy - with whites on top, then them, then asians, then blacks.

It is odd that only Chinese men do not do this though, other East asian cultures do - is it to do with the government, their emphasis on confucianism values and "restraint"? Or maybe Chinese men just aren't horny bastards.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.