Author: linda_sun

Why don't Hong Kongers think of themselves as Chinese?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-14 14:41:28 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2013-6-8 09:28
saying that it was only in beginning and not now is not true , it is known even now how much the  ...

I've watched Tamil and Hindu movies since some 35 years ago. Although Bollywood is just a name but it represents a significant entertainment circle of India. With such a huge audience and actors, India should rival the Hollywood not try branding after it.

I agree with you one system cannot fit all. Seems like US purposely dupe every country in this world into thinking that there is such thing as "one system fits all". This essentially means killing both Indian and Chinese culture not to mention the rest of Asia. Democracy is not bad but perhaps in Asia in societies where people generally observe respecting the elders, prefers collective negotiations, etc. US democracy may not work at all. In Asia, not least India and China things like "negotiated give and take" plays quite a significant role in their day to day lives for centuries and this feature is hardly present in the US where most things are settled in the court. Being different doesn't mean Asia does not respect human rights but the interpretation will be different. For example in Asia accommodating elders (parents and grand parents especially, family honor) to the best of one's ability and exercising great restrain will be a strong human right feature in Asia but not so in individualistic US. So when social features differ how is it that one system fits all unless Asia surrenders their culture and adopts US in 100%. That is how US eliminated American native culture from being dominant in North America, which may just be replicated in Asia.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-2-6 04:22:36 |Display all floors
biztru Post time: 2013-6-14 14:41
I've watched Tamil and Hindu movies since some 35 years ago. Although Bollywood is just a name but ...

35 years wow I thought u were younger

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 19:21:21 |Display all floors
hongers think what their western masters want them to. the translation here is that the west is preparing a sepratist movement. the last fiasco was to test the waters for what is to come later. from the way it looks, it is much easier for the west to split hk than it was for them to seize the ukraine. and from the view of ordinary people, it looks like the central goverment is either unprepared, or just indifferent towards what is to come.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 19:24:06 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2013-6-5 16:49
Yes, they really feel superior to people from the Mainland.

it's the colonial mentality isnt it? hongers gauge their value based on what their european masters think of them. and since hongers are mostly obedient, and compliant towards their masters, then they see themselves in high esteem. it seems to also be how taiwanese, and singaporians rate themselves..... based on what their masters think of them. and obviously their masters will rate them based on how much foreign crap they consume, how receptive they are towards inperialist psyops, and their level of anti-Chineseness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 19:27:30 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2013-6-5 18:39
I have many friends from Hong Kong - and none of them likes to be called Chinese.
However, they do ...

i disagree with the last part of that sentence. hongers act, and speak according to the wishes of their lords, and seem to do it quite willfully. it seems like they exist solely to please their british masters, even though the british have nominally left for 17yrs. of course we know theyre still lurking. i would like to voice my real views on hongers but it probably wont be allowed in this forum, even though everyone knows its true, but people dont want to face the facts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 19:33:31 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2013-6-6 16:49
All of the TW and most of the HK people I know don't want to be pidgeon-holed as being Chinese. They ...

i disagree with that. mainlanders seem much more free. in fact, you can tell by the way they drive. not to say that their driving is a good thing, but generally speaking, the mainland is much more free. i look around the streets, and street vendors are given much more freedom than the ones in hk/tw. in the mainland, you can download lots of movies, software, and songs that you cant in hk/tw. in hk/tw, theres alot of pressure to agree with the western status quo. so, you basically have to say things that are in line with the west, otherwise, you'll just have to keep quiet, or silent. theres also huge pressure in hk/tw to buy imported items from western countries, whereas, you have more freedom to be yourself, and buy local in the mainland. theres also huge pressure to maintain a superficial appearance in tw/hk. that is why people are frequently pressured into getting cosmetic surgery, or spending thousands on their appearance in hk/tw. theres also very little freedom to be patriotic in hk, or tw. if you do, you will be marginalized. thats the way it really is, not so much the way the shills describe it. all the problems described exist in the mainland too. it's just much worse in hk/tw.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 19:35:11 |Display all floors
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-6-6 19:48
It is kind of like those Tom black slaves hate to call themselves Africans. Hating yourselves make y ...

that';s true, and that's what i was saying about the hongers and taiwanese basing their own self worth based on what their western masters think of them. the tom black slaves you are refering to is called the uncle tom, and i was telling a black-american this about China, and how China has its own uncle toms.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.