Author: linda_sun

Why don't Hong Kongers think of themselves as Chinese?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-7 10:35:30 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-6-6 15:23
I am talking to Chinese students who don' want to return to china when their degree is finished .  ...

Different sample population. That's why a properly-executed survey like this would require a large sample size and should take measures to avoid sampling bias.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-6-7 13:47:50 |Display all floors
Facilities Post time: 2013-6-6 15:14
Shanghainese feel superior towards everyone in China and to everyone in the rest of the world !

Do they? Why they feel superior?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-7 14:01:15 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-6-7 10:35
Different sample population. That's why a properly-executed survey like this would require a large ...

Just more random sampling, then take the mean

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-7 15:09:00 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2013-6-6 22:16
what made you think that these countries like Taiwan , India etc are worshipping West ?.....

I'm not saying that the Chinese doesn't, in fact they may be beginning to.....

On Taiwanese and Indians... don't you feel their attitude tilt towards the West.. would you over rely on someone if you don't trust and admire them? Trust alone doesn't work if there is nothing that attracts and infatuates. Indian politics appear to shape after US..... when what is more important is their domestic problems... More than 60 years after independence, almost the same time when Japan has to rebuild itself, with good command of English... where are they? They should have been on top of Japan not the other way round..... if the Indians have a mind of their own, they should have realized where were the Western and Japanese recognition of India until 4 years ago?  And still India prefers to trust the West and Japan instead of settling all their problems with their neighbors and focus on their economy with a fairer distribution. With their mass command of English and their connectivity to both sea and land, they are supposed to have acquired sufficient Western knowledge (which has no intellectual embargoes against India) and be investing huge in Japan selling them Indian cars, Indian robotics, Indian nuclear tech in Japan, not the other way round and in EU and US, Indian banks should be those calling shots there if their economy per capita equates that of Japan. Instead, US says circle China, India circles China. US says China = fear, India fears China, even India's entertainment circle "Bollywood" is made to sound like "Hollywood"  - difference of "B" and "H" just one alphabet out of 9 and you want to say India is original? No one hates India but really, what's so original about India?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-7 23:20:19 |Display all floors
Over a hundred years of British brainwashing will make people think anything. Some HKers are under the ridiculous delusion that they were better off under the British! Talk about slavish dedication to your colonial master! Shamful display!
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 01:19:06 |Display all floors
SPACEMARINE Post time: 2013-6-7 23:20
Over a hundred years of British brainwashing will make people think anything. Some HKers are under t ...

HK'ers were 2nd class citizens under their British masters  and forbidden to hold demonstrations.   They now enjoy the freedom to demonstrate but pine for the old British colonial days but incessantly bash China....
a very strange mentality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 09:28:27 |Display all floors
biztru Post time: 2013-6-7 15:09

On Taiwanese and I ...

saying that it was only in beginning and not now is not true , it is known even now how much the economy of US/ Europe and China are dependent on each other even today....

As for the attitude tilt of Taiwanese and Indians towards west , I believe it is a business world . People and country will form collaboration where they find economic benefits. Inspite of all the problems and hatred , Japan is still a major investor and buyer of goods manufactured in China. But does China trust Jap ??

As for problems that India faced after independence . Your knowledge is limited about India and the systems. I agree India is facing lot of problem however the major reasons are
- When Britishers left they took all, and India was left with some roads, rail and stuff which I don't think is a lot.
- Democracy which make things very slow
- India is cultural mix of various religion , 17-18 different languages and even more dialect. Keeping 1.3 billion people of so varied faith happy that to not with a stick is not a easy job. So I don't think India has done very bad given the highly corrupt minister/ government she got after independence.

Talking about originality , I guess Bollywood is just a name but if you see the movies then you will realize they are original and made as per Indian audience. On the other hand in China right from a bag to phone to cars everything is copied on US / Europe design. Do you call this originality ?

please enhance your knowledge before making such biased statements just for the sake of replying.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.