Author: abramicus

China Backs Down from Claim of Sovereignty Over Diaoyudao? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-4 10:28:55 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-6-4 07:45
When Qi quoted Deng, he said Deng said 20 years ago that his generation should postpone all disputat ...

it is only some rocks la.

why get so worked up?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-4 11:59:13 |Display all floors
It is better to fight a war and lose it, than to lose a war without fighting it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-4 12:11:30 |Display all floors
There was no war at all - just disagreements.
China is finally learning that as you become more of a superpower and a world leader more and more issues get in your way. No matter what you do there will always be people inside and outside of your Country who will criticize your every move and hold you accountable for any action or inaction.
Welcome to the club, the US has been the worlds scapegoat for years and is happy to share the spotlight with you.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-4 13:16:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-6-4 13:27
jay_dee Post time: 2013-6-4 12:11
There was no war at all - just disagreements.
China is finally learning that as you become more of  ...

Diaoyudao is not a disagreement.  It is group of five islands that have been used as fishing grounds by the Chinese and Taiwanese for centuries, which Japan now claims as its national territory on the basis of its spurious determination that it was Terra Nullius in 1895 when it annexed it, in the aftermath of the defeat of China in the First Sino-Japanese War of 1894.  In 1971, against the protest of the Republic of China and of the People's Republic of China, it was turned over to Japan for "adminstration" by the US which was originally authorized BY THE ALLIES INCLUDING CHINA to administer it as a result of its being the leader of the Allied Command Against the Axis Powers.  At that time, congressional records clearly indicate there was no transfer of sovereignty to Japan.  Therefore, there is no basis for Japan continuing to administer Diaoyudao as it was never empowered by the Allied powers to administer it, and such powers as given to the Allied Command was not transferable to another country without the agreement of the original WWII Allies, in particular, China, to which the islands belonged originally.

Now, Japan has insulted China in front of the world by stating unequivocally that it does not recognize any challenge or dispute over the sovereignty of Diaoyudao, and will not postpone any such discussion which it does not recognize.

There being no further discussion, China should not slap its face again by saying it will postpone the discussion.  Japan is challenging China to defend its territory militarily.  There is no shame in defeat, only shame in the fear of it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-6 16:14:33 |Display all floors
Instead of talking about retaking Diaoyudao, we should begin talking about how much Japan should pay for China to stop claiming it.  This is the wise solution that the next generation has figured out which Deng's generation could not.  It is a brilliant solution because this generation will benefit from the pay-off, not necessarily in cash, but also in trade and tourism, and to hell with the next generation and after.  Deng was not smart enough to figure this one out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-6 16:59:32 |Display all floors
This is old news, China gave it up.
Carry on
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-6 18:00:27 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-6-4 11:59
It is better to fight a war and lose it, than to lose a war without fighting it.

You have played far too many video games.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.