Views: 5310|Replies: 20

Art or Obscenity? Children's body painting draws controversy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-3 11:30:28 |Display all floors

from news.163.com

In June 1, Children’s Day, many activities about children were on show. In Foshan, Guangdong province in southeast china, a children’s body painting show drew controversy. The sponsor thought that drawing lotus on children’s body could remind people the children molesting cases .

1.jpg
let me know if U like tennis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 11:30:58 |Display all floors
Supporters regard that body painting is a kind of art, and it’s fine to draw on children’s body. Nevertheless, critics think that body panting is related to obscenity and it’s inappropriate to do draw on children’s body.
2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 11:31:17 |Display all floors
1 o’clock at noon in May 31, 2 painters were drawing lotus on 4 children’s bodies which were dressed only on corsages and shorts in a pavilion near the lotus pond.
3.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 11:31:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by nealrussel at 2013-6-3 11:32

After being drawn, 4 little girls posed to allow tourists photographed showing the beauty of lotus.
4.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 11:32:43 |Display all floors
This activity had drawn a lot of attention as well as controversy. The painter, Mr. Wang, said that body painting had no relation to obscenity but a kind of art that we should treated on aesthetic view.  
5.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 11:33:11 |Display all floors
The activity had last to 4 o’clock. A manage in the lotus park said that this activity would be held on children’s day to appeal the attention on children’s security and health from nation, government, society, school and family after several molesting cases happened; the lotus represents chastity, beauty and holy.
6.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-4 12:35:38 |Display all floors
If they are dressed like lotus,maybe they will be more beautiful.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.