Views: 15559|Replies: 58

In Every Danger, There Is Opportunity - And in Every Opportunity, Danger Also! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-1 15:29:08 |Display all floors
According to press reports, the coming two-day retreat of Obama and Xi at Rancho Mirage was cobbled up on the spur of the moment.  It has been not so secretly praised as an example of diplomatic deftness on the part of China, based on the maturity of the bilateral relationship.  With so many issues on the table, it seems logical to expect that some mutually beneficial agreement is likely to be forged with a two-day intensive meeting.  Indeed, it is a worthwhile goal.

But reality is not easy to change.

The fact is, the North Korean crisis is less about denuclearization than about regime change, and how to effect it, in the name of denuclearization.  And regime change is not about improving the lifestyle of the North Koreans, but about encirclement or seige on China in the final analysis.  So, to expect some kind of an agreement on North Korean regime change based on what both sides have long agreed upon, Korean denuclearization, is hard to imagine.

The fact is, Diaoyudao is a part of China, but nobody wants to acknowledge it.  So how can there be any agreement on how to deal with a problem nobody wants to recognize?   Tough.

And so on, and so forth, the list goes on and on.

Realistically, since the two sides are still quite far apart on all major issues, after the ambience of rosy expectations gives way to the cold, freezing rain of discord and distrust, we should expect US-China relations to deteriorate rapidly, particularly as there would be no new meeting to look forward to for a long time to come.

Better then for both leaders to lower their expectations of their coming summit, and simply agree to draw up an agenda for future talks by their subordinates.

In short, it would be far better to agree on disagreeing, than to disagree on what they expect to agree on.

ROAD SLIPPERY AHEAD - CAUTION!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 17:48:53 |Display all floors
Putin keeps John Kerry waiting for THREE HOURS during his visit to Russia for meetings over ............

The Chinese leadership should take a pointer or two from Vladimir Putin's style of "Diplomacy" when it comes to dealing with the U.S.

Translate ....

中國領導層應該採取一個指針,
從弗拉基米爾·普京的 “外交”風格的,
當涉及與美國打交道

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 18:14:29 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-1 17:48
The Chinese leadership should take a pointer or two from Vladimir Putin's style of "Diplomacy" wh ...

Maybe President XI should learn from sansukong.?

Should call you Master Kung?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 18:24:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-6-1 17:32
In short, it would be far better to agree on disagreeing, than to disagree on what they expect to agree on.

So, does it mean that, one is to agree to disagree on the TRUTH, but to disagree to agree on the LIES, when what one has posted is classified as " Negative Information"?
Translate ......

所以,它的意思是一個是同意不同意真相,
但不同意達成一致意見的謊話,當你已經張貼,
是歸入作 “的負面信息”?

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 18:28:30 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-1 18:24
So, does it mean that, one is to agree to disagree on the TRUTH, but to disagree to agree on the LIE ...

Negative Information"?

that is your speciality.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-2 01:50:21 |Display all floors
The fact is, Diaoyudao is a part of China, but nobody wants to acknowledge it.
If Diaoyudao is in fact a part of China, why does it allows it to be occupied by a foreign power for that long, as it is currently doing it to one of its own national tabloids .... the China Daily?

Translate .....

如果其實釣魚島是中國的一部分,
為什麼它允許的話,被佔用由外國勢力這麼久,
目前它也把自己的民族的小報....
"中國日報”允許在外國人 的手中?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-2 02:49:59 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-6-2 01:50
If Diaoyudao is in fact a part of China, why does it allows it to be occupied by a foreign power for ...

Yeah, this forum has failed to get rid of a foreign rat.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.