Author: Hadron

How Long Until China Becomes Like Israel?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-31 14:45:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-5-31 14:48

Centuries of Anti-Semitic prejudice and propaganda, as well as Anti-Sinitic hate-mongering, have created a bizarre sense of enstrangement between the two peoples, who after reading all the things said about them, tend to believe what their persecutors have to say about each other, than what their own eyes and ears tell them about the humanity of the other side.  In this vein, the Chinese in Southeast Asia have been called the Jews of Asia.  In reality, both peoples have their distinctive cultures and lifestyles.  If they happen to be successful, it is because they tried harder.  

China is trying to improve the image of Israel amongst the Chinese people, by inviting Prime Minister Netanyahu to China, and encouraging the people to have a social media dialogue with him.  And he did very well.  China, however, does not believe in taking sides.  Taking sides only benefits one party for a temporary period of time.  Being fair benefits both parties for all times.

Peace in Israel and Palestine requires the conscious effort and sacrfices of both sides.  Arabs and non-Arabs, Muslims and non-Muslims, eventually must learn to treat each other as each would want the other to treat them.  Reciprocity is the heart of Chinese philosophy, not religion.  Morality is based on reciprocity.  A reciprocal relationship without any mention of religion is a moral relationship.  Like Occam's razor, Chinese like to keep things simple.  Because simple things work best.

The rappprochement between Israel and China is based on reciprocity, as is China's relationship with other countries.  If there is one country that China shows greater favor to, it is often also a country that gives China more favors as well.  What makes one country different from another in the eyes of China?  It is not who they are, what their race is, or what is their religion.  It is how they treat China as they would want China to treat them.  What made Kissinger and Zhou click even when they were initially on opposite sides of the fence?  They were both Junzi, or gentlemen, who keep their words and their faith in one another.  Even today, long after Zhou is gone, Kissinger has never gone back on his words, spoken more than four decades ago.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 14:58:34 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2013-5-31 14:45

Centuries of Anti-Semitic prejudice and propaganda, as well as Anti-Sinitic hate-mongeri ...

I don't believe China follows inter-ethnic altruism reciprocity; rather, I believe they follow a one-way flow of altruism: from the non-Han to the Han.  I base this not just on data, but personal experience as well.  I personally have been a victim of this one-way altruism from the Chinese.  But, I don't make a big deal out of it because I realize that in the end, no one wins anything or achieves anything: we all die, and all success is lost.  So, it really does not matter if I am being used: both the user and usee dies in the end.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 15:12:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-5-31 15:15
Hadron Post time: 2013-5-31 14:58
I don't believe China follows inter-ethnic altruism reciprocity; rather, I believe they follow a o ...

Your perception of China is based on your historical treatment of the Chinese.  

Of course, you will feel how the Chinese feel under your treatment.  Han or non-Han?  That is for the Anglo-Japanese dissemblers to fabricate.  After all, England and Japan vied in the early 20th century to house as many radicals, ethnic extremists, religious fanatics, as they could feed and control, for future use in upending countries they intend to conquer, subjugate and exploit.  

The Han people, contrary to your pejorative usage of these terms, look with empathy toward their less fortunate brothers and sisters, and give them more educational support, more government sponsored scholarships in China's own Ivy League schools, less restrictions on mobility, and less restrictions on family size.  What do you REALLY know of the familial relationship between Hans and non-Hans except what the British Society of Oriental Misstudies use to misinform the world with?  They are much more similar to each other than either of them is to their Western agitators or Japanese aggressors.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 15:19:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Hadron at 2013-5-31 15:19
abramicus Post time: 2013-5-31 15:12
Your perception of China is based on your historical treatment of the Chinese.  

Of course, you wi ...

In all sincerity, I know more about ethnic Han than most Han know about themselves.  I am not an average Westerner: I am part of an intellectual elite minority that makes up perhaps around 10,000 at most in the entire West.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 15:20:22 |Display all floors
Hadron Post time: 2013-5-31 15:19
In all sincerity, I know more about ethnic Han than most Han know about themselves.  I am not an av ...

That is the problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 15:35:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2013-5-31 15:35
Hadron Post time: 2013-5-31 14:43
Correct: it is become an indisputable international fact that Israel is the greatest nation in the ...

You need to correct again.

It is not even a permanent member of UN security council.

Well, we don't might you dub yourself Hadron the Great, however it is very droll.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 17:53:15 |Display all floors
Hadron Post time: 2013-5-31 13:04
I just hope that once China becomes this rich, all the money will be used for everyone's advancement ...

You're dreaming. Wealthy Chinese abuse their power, just like in most other nations. Maybe even worse because of how blatant and out-in-the-open it is.

Once China becomes this rich... nothing will change. rich will continue to get richer.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.