Author: nealrussel

Compromised Graduates   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-1 02:57:46 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2013-5-31 22:37
Not in modern China.

It used to be but that was in the days when higher education was much more e ...

Oh dear...... They have completely debased the system. I saw a documentary on the gaokao.it was horrible and I just cannot understand it. I felt sorry for the students. I can understand why China is like this but it does not make it right.

I have randomly met people from Asia whose parents have ruined themselves trying to educate them here. I just don't get it. Especially when the said student does not seem to have actually learnt anything as the focus is more pass, and get a job. A bit self defeating or maybe not if a good job is secured.

In fairness to China, Japan too has a fixation with test scores but they have automated the process to reduce corruption and the potential to corrupt school officials etc. Everything is computerised, the marking, the releasing of results, university allocation, the lot!

Endless self induced misery...good uni, good job, top notch employer, excellent background work for future children and grandchildren....

Is the Gaokao problem linked to lack of adequate universities?
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 03:05:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 03:18:04 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 03:20:28 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2013-5-31 23:05
Not that I'm aware off. In fact there are more and more university places each year.

The governme ...

'It also ties in with central government's policy of trying to instill a better environment for innovation (moving to 'designed in China' rather than 'made in China') in industry. Even with these major policy initiatives, it will be an uphill task '...

A case of old habits dying hard and so on. The vested interests will try to derail smooth transition to designed in China.  If they can sort that out, they will certainly give a lot of countries something to worry about...

If China actually starts designing stuff, I can preempt EU response; excessive tariffs!  Everything is becoming foggier.

Roberto's default position is to deny that anything negative happens in China.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 03:25:19 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 03:34:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-5-31 23:35
soapdodger Post time: 2013-5-31 23:18
On the property bubble, I am much less optimistic than I was a few years ago. I'm not sure if ther ...

understood. it wouldn't be wrong to deduce that the safest way to safeguard their money other than to stash it under the bed is to buy properties.

Due to what you also said re market's uncertainty, I suspect serious headwind that the government may not have catered for ahead.

There is a super luxurious development near me...I can now understand why most of the tenants are Chinese.

Yes i've heard the term shadow banking. Anytime I watch documentary, young people are always in hostels and the like. Who actually let some of these investment properties?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 03:37:10 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2013-5-31 23:25
"Roberto's default position is to deny that anything negative happens in China."

Actually, I think ...

It makes me laugh all the time, capitalist phase of communism! Non sense.

ha ha ha. Pleasure!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.