Author: nealrussel

Compromised Graduates   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-31 22:12:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-30 20:28
Thank you for these portraits. The people in the pictures seemed relaxed and offered a smile to thei ...

yeah we should have a goal  in our job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 23:23:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-5-31 21:48
seneca Post time: 2013-5-31 18:03
I am not that sure about this. A barista is an absolutely glamorous job. You need a special trai ...

ha ha I had a friend that worked for BA not sooo long ago, she was Italian. this was mid 90s and she had all the pay, the per diem for NY trips etc. It was definitely well paid but the added extra was the endless foreign travels. In common with most airlines, BA had to tighten belt due to debts and of course excessive generosity to air hostesses had to go. I am still astonished that one of the prized jobs in Japan is to work for JAL. I don't see the attraction myself but something about pay etc.

Of Course my comment about Barista is due to my coffee habits and various places like Costa, Starbucks and the local Italian chap in his mini van.

In my view teachers ought to be paid lots as without them?......

Wages are definitely low compared to west. I think a Barista at my local Starbucks is on £7 or £8 an hour. I must say however that Starbucks Baristas are not as good as they used to be. My mocha is always terribly mixed!

Re Elitism....it is common in developing countries...especially if one is the first to be educated to a high degree....A few bankers and lawyers were looking to train as plumbers after the financial crisis struck. I remember getting agitated when my plumber announced that it will be £150 for 60 minutes job! All he did was changed tap, meddle with a stop something, nothing major.

I rushed to the local college to enquire re the next training straightaway and was told 2 years waiting list due to people like me that fancied part time honeypot!

A canny plumber can easily be on serious 6 figures here...without having to answer to anyone to boot and free from office tyranny!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 23:30:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 01:03:23 |Display all floors
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 01:21:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-5-31 21:26
soapdodger Post time: 2013-5-31 21:03
"Is it possible for Chinese people working (in China) at any enterprise to earn $30,000? Excluding ...

Ah okay. Are you able to name the industry? I'd imagine the more profitable, global, the company is, the more weighty the wages will be. The sum involved is definitely good going for 2006 in China?

So what would you say is median wages? Or is it just arbitrary? I was at this place and people were pampered like anything so I got talking to the manager re what she thought the people earned. The salary she gave was low in my view but enough for that area for people to live very well.

Median here is $39,462 which isn't anything to crow about! Example you cited are VPs however....i'm interested in the ordinary worker not at VP level. VPs here in normal industry will be triple $80,000
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 01:29:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-5-31 21:37
soapdodger Post time: 2013-5-31 21:03
"Is it possible for Chinese people working (in China) at any enterprise to earn $30,000? Excluding ...

Oh that is not bad going, $80,000 but that is at VP level. Not shabby if a few are earning $30,000. I'd imagine better rate of PPP. The wage structure seem arbitrary however.>> is it in your view?

What were the staff earning at your then company? You know, managers, general workers and the like?
Thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-1 01:50:30 |Display all floors
Disclaimer: Thoughtful responses will be enjoyed & in some cases, elicit a
response. All others from trolls,
conspiracy nuts and the willfully ignorant will be ignored. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.