Author: fourtyfour

China is starting to get embarrassed about its tourists’ behavior   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-31 15:27:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-30 20:35
Your comment is, once again, alas, nothing but hate-mongering piddle! Don't you realise that your  ...

You are doing a very good job proving you hate Chinese.  But we don't hate you.  We pity you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 15:35:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-5-31 15:39
fourtyfour Post time: 2013-5-31 03:28
Don't play his game. You don't need to explain yourself; he's the one with a problem against Japan ...

Lovely, my reply to you was censored by CD moderators.

I am supposed to agree you are a good China-loving Taiwanese separatist.

Linda dear, I shall henceforth let you subtly bad-mouth China from your perch in the editorial board here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 17:57:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by fourtyfour at 2013-5-31 17:58
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-5-31 14:32
I think it is uncouth to criticise a nation being loud, rude in public. We call that racism.

Don ...

I am not criticising, I'm just explaining how stereotyping works. I realize that not all Chinese behave this way, but Chinese people are being known for this type of behavior because of the actions of their travelers.

That's not called racism, you are misinformed. That's stereotyping against Chinese. Racism would mean someone hates Chinese people regardless of where they are from... China, HK, etc. Nobody has an impression that Hong Kong citizens are rude.
Also I don't know what you mean by my "ancestors learned characters, architecture, blah blah blah". You don't know where I'm from, so please don't assume things without asking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 18:02:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by fourtyfour at 2013-5-31 18:05
abramicus Post time: 2013-5-31 15:35
Lovely, my reply to you was censored by CD moderators.

I am supposed to agree you are a good China ...

I really don't know what your issue is. I make a post about a problem relating to China.

You ignore the problem and start talking gibberish about Japanese people? What are you trying to prove? And how does that solve the problem with Chinese tourists?

If you want to ignore the problem and go off on a tangent, go ahead. You are coming across as uneducated. Likely your post was censored because you are off topic and attack people whom you don't agree with instead of having sensible conversations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 18:06:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-31 16:35
Maybe you are under the illusion that 44 is a Japanese. He is not. He has made it clear a long t ...

Correct. I never claimed to be Japanese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 18:15:46 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2013-5-31 14:32
I think it is uncouth to criticise a nation being loud, rude in public. We call that racism.

Don ...

I am well aware that not all Chinese behave this way. I was explaining why these stereotypes exist. You are misinformed. What we're discussing is clearly stereotyping and not racism.

For example, nobody is accusing people from Hong Kong of being rude in public just because people from mainland China do these things. After all, they share a common race. That would be racism.

As seneca mentioned, I am not Japanese and even if I was you shouldn't be bringing that up. Ignoring the problem and blaming others does not make it go away.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-31 18:40:44 |Display all floors
bluenoser Post time: 2013-5-31 18:38
Ah...I only see a few around here.
We only see 20 to 25 small ships a year here.
But if you see ma ...

Agreed.

The trouble with Chinese tourists is that they seem to stick in large groups and fit the stereotype VERY often. Again, I am not saying all Chinese tourists behave this way, but out of the last 10 trips I took and encountered Chinese people they all behaved this way.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.