Author: linda_sun

Why China’s global image plummets?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-5-30 13:27:46 |Display all floors
How can someone who's obviously here to promote the rule of the west even mention
"Negative involvement in international affairs"?
Are you serious?
Have you been in a coma the past 50 years? Vietnam, Iraq, Grenada, Afghanistan, and now refuses
to budge on their massive military bases wrongly occupying eastern Asia.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-30 13:32:55 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-30 13:24
What does "Stalled political reform" have to do with China's image?
You gave yourself up as a wester ...

Why do you still hold the theory "China is perfect" while Chinese scholars even leaders admit that China's political reform has lagged behind economic reform? I'm not a western propaganda, and I don't vote for Western democracy, but I expect some change, even mild, to address the serious social problems.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-5-30 13:39:33 |Display all floors
linda_sun Post time: 2013-5-29 21:32
Why do you still hold the theory "China is perfect" while Chinese scholars even leaders admit that ...

Political reform smacks of western propaganda. Who said China was perfect.
I'm not letting you wiggle out of this one.
What are your ideas of political reform? Allowing unbridled capitalism to take hold so the rich can
buy the government as they have in western nations?
Do you have your heart set on being the subject of western imperialism?
You talk about political reform and economic reform as if the two are entirely separate things.
The CPC lifted more people out of poverty in the past 60 years than there are people in the USA
and a few other western nations combined. So did the economy do this despite the political leaders
in China. Are you trying to say that? You know a good propagandist should be a little more subtle.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-30 14:48:47 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-30 13:39
I'm not letting you wig ...

Economic prosperity cannot be ignored, but there are many ensuing problems such as rampant corruption, the monopolisation of power, the increasing gap between rich and poor, and falling morality standards, which cannot be solved if fundamental political changes are not made.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 16:48:43 |Display all floors

Environment and police state.

Can solve?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 17:44:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Prometheus2 at 2013-5-30 17:45

Its hard to know how the CPC actually wants China to be seen in the eyes of others. They seem to not want to evoke feelings of a attractive society based on its values and contribution to the world, but rather instill a sense of fear and awe based on military and economic grounds, which they seem to think corresponds to respect China had in the past. All great civilisations and powers had a culture that was hugely influential and attractive based on progressive thinking, innovation and wisdom, whether the Roman civilisation, some great Chinese dynasties, the English and more recently the American as examples. This is what China lacks today, and as a result, is seen as a nation with principles based on getting rich, getting resources and getting power by any means, which is then reflected by the cultural attitudes of some extremely materialistic Chinese.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 18:00:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-5-30 18:05
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-30 13:39
I'm not letting you wig ...

Linda-sun is an expert disinformationist, planting misconceptions in the form of innocent-appearing questions.  Whenever this handle speaks, wonder not what it is asking, but rather what it is saying.  The answer is often unimportant.

China's image is not plummeting amongst true all-weather friends, even though it is no longer loved by those who have been pretending to be friends to her.

But this is not a loss at all.  Losing the feigned praise of enemies is better than keeping it.  China is actually securing its future by rejecting false friendships.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.