Author: voice_cd

Unforgettable childhood stories   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-29 22:33:26 |Display all floors
shelley116 Post time: 2013-5-28 11:52
To be frankly,i have a happy but a little plain childhood.As most children,I have very devoted paren ...

We should learn something from the experiences that we had in childhood and let we have a better way to feed up our children.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 22:50:41 |Display all floors
I always think back the time of childhood. When I was a child, just about ten years old, my parents plant more watermelons. When the watermelon grow up, it can be sold, then children might steal it, so I was supposed to look after the watermelon. At that time I can eat more and nobody say that don't eat it. Every time I went to look after the watermelon, it was the best time for me.
When I was young, I was so piqunt and always did something my parents thought about. Because that I always was beat by my father. But I really love them. Now I grow up and graduated from university and got a job. Every year I only can stay at hometown for one week, although I can do something that I can't do before, but I really miss the childhood memory. I thought the childhood memory is the best thing in our mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 23:54:37 |Display all floors
How I twice scared my parents without realizing it.

Going for kindergarten I ran for the bus and missed it.  Knowing that the bus looped around behind the houses across from us I ran through the houses and just narrowly missed it again.  I was scared that I was going to get in trouble, not knowing what to do I started walking home when I saw a porch with an open space under it.  I went there and hid under the porch for what seemed like a couple hours. I finally got hungry and went home, my mom was glad that I came home safe.  Not sure if I was missed that time because schools had not yet started the practice of calling parents when children did not show up for class. These calls were started years later, to verify that the child was at home and not in trouble along the way.

The second time we were camping as we were moving from Brandon Manitoba to Toronto, Ontario.  It started quite innocently but apparently I was gone from the campsite for quite a while and my parents were getting concerned.  I needed to go to thee washroom and my parents being busy just told me to go behind a tree and then water it.  Well I went behind the tree and then some to make sure I was out of sight.  Then I saw something in the same direction I was walking (away from the campsite.)  It was a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman on horseback.  He was wearing the full riding gear with the traditional scarlet tunic.   Well I just had to get a closer look I walked up closer.  The Mountie seeing me a boy of 6 years old all by alone, got down off his horse.  Seeing my eyes glued to the horse he suggested that I pat the horse’s head.  He asked me a few questions like were my parents were and if I knew how to get back.  Other kids started gathering around and talking with the Mountie as well.  It was such an exciting and enjoyable event that I must have lost track of time.
Just then one of my brothers came up and said everyone was frantically looking for me because they were all packed up and ready to hit the road and could not find me.  My mom told me several times how worried she was that something bad had happened to me.

What I learned from this and the verbal scolding I got when my brother and I got back to camp was:

1)        A lot of times when parents get angry at kids it is because they love them and are worried.
2)        If you are a kid and you are lost, look for a uniformed policeman or someone you know well such as a relative or family friend.  The police will help you get home safe.

To this day I look back at my first contact with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (or any police) as a special event. I was impressed how he got down off the horse then crouched down to my level to talk to me.  It is funny what goes on in the head of a six year old.  I was not the least bit scared or concerned, that is till I was told that I scared my parents. It left me with a lasting trust and respect for the police.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 08:29:33 |Display all floors
shelley116 Post time: 2013-5-28 11:52
To be frankly,i have a happy but a little plain childhood.As most children,I have very devoted paren ...

I was just fortunate compare with you ,I hava a wonderful childhood ,because i am from country!  ha  ha !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 08:37:27 |Display all floors
in my memory, the sky was blue and the trees were green.after rain,just breathe the fresh air with light earthy smell that makes you happy. now, its gone. how much i want to be back to 7 years old...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 08:39:25 |Display all floors
PPsally Post time: 2013-5-28 16:29
What an impressive lesson you learned

i also have "the only one hard beat" from my mother.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-5-30 08:39:48 |Display all floors
arlene143 Post time: 2013-5-29 17:57
I think my childhood is amazing. Comparing the children today, I never went to tutoring classes in s ...

Carefree childhood. Quite familliar as mine.
wild plants for food right?

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.