Author: voice_cd

Unforgettable childhood stories   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-29 17:06:46 |Display all floors
-2.In summer,we would play in the river and pond,water in there is so clear&clean.We liked to swim in there,and catch fish,crabs,shrimps and shells. We also spent some time playing in the forests,climbing trees,picking wild fruits.I remember in one early morning,on my way to school,passing by the woods,I saw a little grey rabbit lying on front,seems like it's sleeping on the ground. I just stared at it for quite a few seconds,not dare to move in case I may startle him(or her). But suddenly it ran off so quickly before I even realized it.haha. I started to chase it,but no way,it's a rabbit! We had dogs brining back home rabbit,dead ones.We guessed our dog killed the rabbit,but we were not sure.
Then at night,there is fireflies,so many,so bright. After playing games like hide&seek,gunplay,game of chicken,etc,we like to catch fireflies,kept them all in a transparent bottle,like a lamp. The head kid was pulled by the ear by his dad because of it He didn't care,I guess,because he still kept birds in a paper box in his home,according to the adults,kids playing with birds would become stupid,especially in study. He didn't care.
And I would woke up so early in the summer morning,as it was so hot. Getting up from bed,out of home,climbed on an old willow tree by the pond,sitting on a tree-trunk,feeling the cool air,looking into the distant,getting lost in my imagination and thinking. The worldd,was all so mine,and so wonderful. And the stories I read from books was so beautiful. And life is so full of hope.
Grandma didn't like me to play with boys,but I almost forgot I was a girl,when catching cicadas by nets with boys. We even caught snakes,and tortured them.
elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 17:08:00 |Display all floors
Wow,I have no idea,everybody else had a different childhood.No one had similar to mine??? Disappointing..
elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 17:25:10 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-5-29 17:02
Foreign propaganda is evil

was local "propaganda" for me: me and Chinese boy both went to same high school in USA.

Chinese boy was Mr. popular: second most popular boy in school: he was black belt karate, did hippity hoppity DJing for school dances, was Mr. funny pants who made all people laugh, wore fancy pancy fashion clothes that everyone admired and imitated.  

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-5-29 17:28:11 |Display all floors
Socks Post time: 2013-5-29 17:25
was local "propaganda" for me: me and Chinese boy both went to same high school in USA.

Chinese b ...

So he sounds like 100% American to me
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-5-29 17:29:43 |Display all floors
forget-me-not Post time: 2013-5-29 17:00
-4.Sorrows are always so easily forgotten for a child. Chilly winter couldn't stop us from having fu ...

If he hadn't mocked you, would you have learned maths so well ?
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 17:31:02 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-5-29 17:28
So he sounds like 100% American to me

Born in America, but ethnically Han.  Parents were Chinese immigrants.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 17:57:00 |Display all floors
I think my childhood is amazing. Comparing the children today, I never went to tutoring classes in summer vacation or winter vacaton, less than having classes on weekends. I had plenty of time to do what I wanted. In the afternoon, my mom would tell stories to me ,such as prince and princess, snow white. When it was a rainy day, mom and I would watch the strong wind blowing and raindrop falling down from sky. We also picked some wild plants in  shinny days. All those are memorable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.