Author: voice_cd

Unforgettable childhood stories   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-1 14:52:06 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-5-30 08:39
Carefree childhood. Quite familliar as mine.
wild plants for food right?

right. they grow in the farmland,but recent years, they are hard to find.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-2 11:39:59 |Display all floors
zhenyuqianye777 Post time: 2013-5-31 21:43

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-2 21:47:26 |Display all floors
shelley116 Post time: 2013-6-2 11:39

can i have youe QQ hao?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-3 10:13:35 |Display all floors
zhenyuqianye777 Post time: 2013-6-2 21:47
can i have youe QQ hao?

have snet u the message

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-4 11:43:26 |Display all floors
My brother and I were visiting my great uncle on his tree farm. It was basically a cabin in the woods. My great uncle was a sportsman; a fisherman, hunter, and also a conservationist. (hence the tree farm)

It was our first time doing many things. He had an old Honda Trail 90 motorcycle, so it was my first time riding that. I was about 12. He also had guns, and it was my first time shooting guns. I shot a 20 ga. shotgun at clay pigeons (little frisbees, thrown by my little brother) Also, we shot a .22 rifle, and a .38 revolver. We were supervised for the firearm shooting.

We also had airguns, which we shot all day long. They were multi-pump pneumatics; 10 pumps = full power. Enough power to kill a fist-sized bird at 30 yards.

My brother was on the peddle boat in the pond, just coming up to the dock. I had the airgun, and pointed it down by the water, and said: "Hey Larry, watch this!" PSSHT But I shot a little high, hit the fiberglass of boat. The BB ricocheted off the boat and up into his knee. He bled like crazy, and howled in pain. I couldn't believe I'd done something so dumb.

The four of us were finally able to bandage and stop the bleeding after an hour. We didn't go to the hospital, so he carried that BB around in his knee for years. It is probably dissolved by now.

If I could redo one thing from my childhood, I would not take back the breaking of my arm (twice) or finger or anything else, but not shooting my brother in the knee with that BB gun.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.