Author: zhangjudy

Expensive Bodies   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-5-29 12:48:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-5-29 12:50

I don't know how it is in China, but in Poland we have something like "volunteer fire brigades" almost in every bigger village.
Poorly equipped and only after basic training, but have car, boat, ropes... and in similar situations are first to arrive (because are near, and villagers know who is in the brigade and can call Them).

I know that there are some volunteer and "services". Do You have some - like I described?

If not - maybe it is good idea to promote this idea?

In Poland - members of volunteer fire brigades have almost no salary, only (government owned) tools (including some old fire-fighting cars, already not used in "regular service"), uniforms, and are trained by professionals.
When called - They come to their Station Building, take whatever need and go to provide help to whoever need.

Why does it work? Because They are locals. They basically help each other, and neighbors.
"Now the fire is on neighbor field, but soon - can be on mine. So I'll take some old but still working equipment, and I'll do whatever I can before professional Fire Brigade arrives"

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-29 15:20:27 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-29 08:45
Have you stopped to think that the fisherman might have already been in the river when the girl ju ...

If they were in the river already how do you account for the fact that the negotiated on land, are you claiming that they went to shore, haggled and then got back in their boats? If so that makes them worse.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-29 15:21:52 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-29 08:49
"Me first" is a big part of capitalism. The defining characteristics are greed and wanting only on ...

So if Me First is so common in China, and it is, by your definition that makes China capitalist, something many have been telling you for ages, thank you for agreeing after all this time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-29 15:42:36 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-29 08:52
Capitalism is at work here. You should admire those fishermen for taking advantage of their situat ...

I should feel sad for you..........

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-5-30 09:09:00 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-28 23:21
So if Me First is so common in China, and it is, by your definition that makes China capitalist, s ...

If you ever visited China or studied even a little you'd know China is a communism nation.
This is capitalist behavior by a few individuals.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-5-30 09:12:08 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-5-28 23:42
I should feel sad for you..........

You should feel sad for that parents of that girl. They were the ones victimized by capitalist behavior.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 11:18:31 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-28 11:52
Officials would have retrieved the bodies if given the time.
I would think the capitalists in this f ...

Do you really know the role of the government in such incidents now?

Since the 1980s, some of the responsibilities of regional governments successively transferred, assigned by the market to undertake.
For example, in 2004, the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau on the grounds of insufficient police, passed it to salvage companies.
In Beijing, the police act only as salvage intermediary between the families and the salvage companies.

You can find someone to translate for you about some incidents reported.

http://zhuanti.21cbh.com/2013_guancha26/
Controversy behind, is the absence of government responsibility
http://view.163.com/special/reviews/deadbody2nd0528.html
Police did not rescue, salvage team also did not "relying corpse."
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.