Author: Pond

Do you grow your own food?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-22 18:38:18 |Display all floors
caihong Post time: 2013-5-22 16:52
fruits we grow: orange(桔子,橙子we have both), peach桃子, plum李子, grape葡萄, pear梨, pomelo柚子, ...

Gardening is fun, relaxing and tasty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-22 18:39:13 |Display all floors
caihong Post time: 2013-5-22 16:38
almost every vegetable you can find from Chinese supermarkets, rice, rapeseed and camellia sinensi ...

I have just started growing coffee

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-22 21:16:11 |Display all floors
artdio Post time: 2013-5-22 09:31
don't mess with the wife lol

The wife rules!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 13:23:06 |Display all floors
As a child we always lived in the rural areas and had large gardens with abundant harvests throughout late May to early September.  I even kept up this habit t in a very limited capacity when I moved to Toronto.

Whenever I lived in a house with a yard,  for a full growing season, I would plant vegetables and enjoy the harvest. When I lived in an apartment with a balcony I would grow tomatoes, some herbs and onions.  To make up for the lack of fresh grown vegetables, whenever I went for drives in the country I would often stop at local farms and visit their vegetable stands.  Some of them would sell  excess produce from their personal  gardens in addition to farm fresh eggs and other products.  They always tasted so much better than the commercially produced foods.  One of my favourites was picking up fresh baked pies with seasonal fruit at it’s peak;  mmm mmm  good.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 13:29:44 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-5-23 13:23
As a child we always lived in the rural areas and had large gardens with abundant harvests throughou ...

You Sir have described my childhood, great days of the past never to return, only in dreams. I rember the smell of freshly cut hay, and a warm summer breeze.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 13:30:25 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2013-5-23 13:23
As a child we always lived in the rural areas and had large gardens with abundant harvests throughou ...

You Sir have described my childhood, great days of the past never to return, only in dreams. I rember the smell of freshly cut hay, and a warm summer breeze.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-23 14:10:16 |Display all floors
Pond Post time: 2013-5-23 13:30
You Sir have described my childhood, great days of the past never to return, only in dreams. I rem ...

{:soso_e181:}     Yeah!!!  Smelling thefresh cut hay and the other joys of working hard in the outdoors.

The best job of my life was the summer I worked on a dairyfarm outside of Ottawa.  I worked 14hours a day, six days a week.  On my dayoff, I only had to work 6 hours; the cows had to be milked twice a day, in theearly morning and the early evening.  Iremember the solitude of the walks out to the gate of the night time pasture,  the cows always gathered at the gate waitingfor it to open.   The work was the longestand hardest  during haying season but Iloved it; standing on the back of the bailer or on the wagon stacking the 40lb balesof hay wearing jeans safety shoes and gloves but no shirt.

Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.