A letter to a thief. - Page 6 - Everyday life - Chinadaily Forum
Author: cmknight

A letter to a thief.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-21 14:32:25 |Display all floors
Is the thief in this forum? A letter never delievered..
elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-5-21 15:23:59 |Display all floors
forget-me-not Post time: 2013-5-21 14:32
Is the thief in this forum? A letter never delievered..

Just to outlet his upset emotions. I would feel bad too .

And I think it's good for Chinese and non-Chinese to talk about it.

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-5-21 15:25:30 |Display all floors
Honestly, guys, if you found a backpack in a taxi seat, would you return it or inform the taxi driver?

It's not for moral judgement, simply a survey. Tell the truth
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 15:40:49 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-5-21 15:25
Honestly, guys, if you found a backpack in a taxi seat, would you return it or inform the taxi drive ...

would decide after checking it´s content
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 18:32:01 |Display all floors
ifidie Post time: 2013-5-21 04:43
Thank you for putting on these stories. Very glad to see that people with a clear conscience are w ...

There are awful people in the world and thankfully, a lot of good folks too
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 18:48:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2013-5-21 18:06
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-21 05:50
Anecdotal stories mean nothing. If you are trying to convince people that no valuables are ever lo ...

I like how you constantly show yourself as parochial. I will furmish you with a ticket if you behave to enable you travel to Japan

If you ever travel, visit Japan first, then Korea. I won't tell you how many times I have been at coffee shops (no, not like amsetrdam) and saw people leaving £1000 bags whilst securing seats etc .

I have also forgotten stuff at least once in Korea. I went nuts yelling at my gf and she said have you actually asked the coffee shop staff? And what happened, my stuff was handed back to me and I looked foolish again for being a doubting Thomas!!

I'm sure things are nicked in both countries.....but not as much as in China. In fact you'd be very unlucky to not have a lost item returned in Korea and or Japan.

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 18:57:07 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-5-21 06:25
Thanks a tonne for some inspiring cabbie anecdotes.

My own experiences with Chinese taxi drivers  ...

I tell you Seneca, it took a lot for me to change my views about seeing lost properties again etc..I won't expect to lose stuff in China and see it again. People might do things contrary to their nature in developing countries due to needs

Of course I cling to my stuff when travelling however..........best to be safe than chance it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.