Views: 49610|Replies: 143

[Original]Shanghai job seekers, do you want to work?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-15 12:00:10 |Display all floors
I have been in China for many years and find that attitudes are changing.

We are currently trying to recruit a salesman in our company and the attitudes of job seekers amazes me.

We are offering a decent wage with the chance to make a 5 figure monthly salary if hard working but young people do not seem to want to work. We do not need high qualificaions, just a reasonable standard of English and a willingness to work. Age is no restriction unlike in many Chinese work places.

We set on one young man who turned up late on his first three days at work, not acceptable, he had to go. We offered a job to a person who has been out of work for over a year but he turned it down as he did not want to start at 8.30am, it was too early for him. One other person would not work for us as they would be expected to help clean the office every morning, something everyone in the office does, myself included. He said he was too good to help clean. Others without any experiance want top salaries from day one thinking that a degree from a middle class university gives them the right to an easy life.

The team we have in our office at the moment are long established great workers who enjoy working here so I fail to understand the attitudes we are getting. What is happening to the youngsters of today

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 12:12:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by chenxin19900311 at 2013-5-15 12:15

Hello,futsanglung,im so interested in your recruitment,i want a  try and my oral English is not bad,but i have no experience in international business.I need to know your requirements in details so that i can identify whether i meet your standards or not,thanks.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-15 12:18:16 |Display all floors
chenxin19900311 Post time: 2013-5-15 12:12
Hello,futsanglung,im so interested in your recruitment,i want a  try and my oral English is not bad, ...

It is good to hear from you, I did not post this as a job advert but your answer is welcom.
It is not international business we need the person for but Chinese domestic business. We need someone who can sell our goods either face to face or on the telephone so selling experience is a must. If you can communicate with me in English  it is fine. Hard working is the most important thing we want.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 12:38:53 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-5-15 12:18
It is good to hear from you, I did not post this as a job advert but your answer is welcom.
It is  ...

You sell your products to foreigners or Chinese people?Without doubt,i want to talk to you for more information,but i am in Nanjing now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 12:49:20 |Display all floors
chenxin19900311 Post time: 2013-5-15 12:38
You sell your products to foreigners or Chinese people?Without doubt,i want to talk to you for mor ...

Selling UK made products to Chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 13:32:55 |Display all floors
One of my friends changed jobs three times in a year. Being young should mean being more eager to learn - although they all write in the CV - fast learner - but that couple of hours of morning sleep is more important. I don't get it either. I used to get up incredibly early for certain tasks and now I have to stay up late for different types of work. People can get used to things - and people should - especially young people. So many brilliant young minds are spoilt by their over-caring parents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-15 14:20:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by chenxin19900311 at 2013-5-15 14:21
ifidie Post time: 2013-5-15 13:32
One of my friends changed jobs three times in a year. Being young should mean being more eager to le ...

Waht do you think of your friends's changing jobs so frequently?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.