Author: desperado123

Why laowai are treated so well in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-10 07:46:32 |Display all floors
My own experiences in China was curiosity , I was eager to try my Chinese but instead the people I met wanted to try thier English on me. Overall I was treated very well in China  I got requested several times to have a photo taken I have visited many different countries around the world and found China to be very hospitable to Westerners . I got to sample food and culture so very different from my own. I loved every moment of my holiday in china also a thank you to  China Daily for the interesting news reports untainted by American media

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 07:46:35 |Display all floors
My own experiences in China was curiosity , I was eager to try my Chinese but instead the people I met wanted to try thier English on me. Overall I was treated very well in China  I got requested several times to have a photo taken I have visited many different countries around the world and found China to be very hospitable to Westerners . I got to sample food and culture so very different from my own. I loved every moment of my holiday in china also a thank you to  China Daily for the interesting news reports untainted by American media

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 09:38:54 |Display all floors
Well treated?? Of course we should all treat people we work with very well. That's normal, not special treatment.

What it comes to Chinese politeness... In restaurants or shops people don't greet you, don't say welcome, thank you, goodbye. People in my compound throw trash, smoke and spit, not very polite towards anyone.

I would say Chinese people are not polite unless they know you.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-9-10 09:47:57 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2014-9-10 09:38
Well treated?? Of course we should all treat people we work with very well. That's normal, not speci ...

I think you are going to the wrong shops and restaurants, even my local Family Mart staff greet all customers when they walk in

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 09:54:16 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-9-10 09:47
I think you are going to the wrong shops and restaurants, even my local Family Mart staff greet al ...

Family Mart people say huan ying guang lin when the door peeps, they will say nothing to you when you pay, no hello, thank you or goodbye.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 09:58:53 |Display all floors
Well treated?? Of course we should all treat people we work with very well. That's normal, not speci ...

"I would say Chinese people are not polite unless they know you."

my experience has been different...i have noticed that chinese people are not very friendly unless they know you. once they know you, they are even friendlier to you than westerners usually are.
There is progress whether you are going forward or backward; the thing is to move.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 10:01:13 |Display all floors

"What it comes to Chinese politeness... In restaurants or shops people don't greet you, don't say welcome, thank you, goodbye. People in my compound throw trash, smoke and spit, not very polite towards anyone. "

this is only felt if you are coming from the west. if you have always been in china, its normal practice and no impoliteness is felt...so its just a matter of what you are used to.
There is progress whether you are going forward or backward; the thing is to move.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.