Author: snappysammy

All Americans should say Thank You Richard Nixon   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-26 17:32:24 |Display all floors
Schwarzenegger
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-26 19:15:10 |Display all floors
Nixon had serious psychological problems. But he listened to Henry Kissinger about the need to reconcile with China. Even Kissinger didn't understand that a new understanding with Hanoi would've been an excellent addition to that policy. Those were the days when Americans were terrified of communism. Now, they can see there's reasonable communism like China's.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-26 19:53:59 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2013-5-26 19:15
Nixon had serious psychological problems. But he listened to Henry Kissinger about the need to recon ...

So why should people not be allowed to have communism in their own country if they so wish?

Why is it that an Islamic republic like Iran....... is anathema to the US, but a despotic theocracy in SA is allowed?

Why is a secularist moderate government in Syria targeted by the west, to be replaced by an intolerant theocracy?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-26 20:43:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TheHermit at 2013-5-26 20:43

Tricky Dickie... was great.... but would anybody, in his right mind, buy a second hand car from him?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-5-27 03:34:44 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-5-26 20:43
Tricky Dickie... was great.... but would anybody, in his right mind, buy a second hand car from him? ...

He did good things and he did bad things.......He was the only American President who could have opened relations at the time with China.....He was so Anti Communist that the People of USA trusted him...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-27 06:58:33 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2013-5-27 03:34
He did good things and he did bad things.......He was the only American President who could have o ...

One cannot fail to see a great deal good in his policies, both internal and external.

I dare say that the wolf Kissinger had a great input, in Nixon's China policy.

Elections changed however, and policies took second place to media presence.... but Nixon is still remembered. I don't think many remember Ford.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2013-5-27 09:23:37 |Display all floors
Kissinger is still a big supported of China....maybe he has yellow fever.....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.