Author: abramicus

China Must Counter Japan's Unilateral Devaluation of the Yen [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-30 15:47:13 |Display all floors

RE: China Must Counter Japan's Unilateral Devaluation of the Yen

This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-4-30 14:58

Looks like China is facing three war-fronts concurrently, namely:

Over the sovereignty of Diaoyudao,

The currency war, and

The "defamation war", in the making within CD .

Translating ....

看起來像中國同時面臨著三個戰爭方面,即:

對釣魚島的主權,

貨幣戰爭,

誹謗的戰,在醞釀“中國日報”的論壇內,

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 06:39:12 |Display all floors
Sans, China is so big that it is no longer nimble.  The number of issues and events that flood the central government is so vast that it can not process the significance of events immediately, or even in a few days, unless it begins to affect other parts of the system.  For instance, Japan's unilateral devaluation of the Yen by simply printing more Japanese Yens causes Chinese exports to immediately lose their price competitiveness, resulting in foreign merchants reducing their orders from China.  How soon does this happen?  Overnight.  But how soon will it be perceived by the top leadership?

Not right away, since they are not in charge of the sales divisions of China's millions of exporting manufacturers.  Even if the sales department see a drop in orders, they will not push the panic button and incite their higherups to question their ability to sell their manufactures.  The sales people will first deny that this downtrend is significant, and if significant, that it is persistent, and even if persistent, that it cannot be remedied by their efforts.  But, by the time is becomes obvious that no amount of salesmanship will chase back the lost customers, the company probably would have experienced at least one quarter of revenue decline.  Takes another quarter to sort out the causes.  Takes another quarter to implement the corrections.  And takes another quarter to reverse the revenue losses.  In short, it takes one year to correct a problem that takes only two minutes to figure out MUST BE OCCURRING NOW EVEN AS WE SPEAK.

The loss of Chinese exports to Japanese products IS ALREADY TAKING PLACE RIGHT NOW, even if there is not enough statistics to back it up, and even more statistics to rule out other explanations.

So, why give the Japanese exporters the benefit of China's doubt?  No doubt about Japan stealing China's foreign export markets, if one uses one's head.  If no doubt, then ACT!!!

CHINA SHOULD IMMEDIATELY DEVALUE THE YUAN AND SAVE ITSELF THE LOSS OF MORE THAN A HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF EXPORT REVENUES.  GIVE THAT EXTRA MONEY TO THE EARTHQUAKE VICTIMS OF SICHUAN.  GIVE THAT EXTRA MONEY TO THE POOR WHO CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY TUITION FOR THEIR CHILDREN.  GIVE THAT EXTRA MONEY TO THE SICK WHO CANNOT AFFORD THE COSTS OF HEALTH CARE AND MEDICATIONS.  BUT NEVER, NEVER GIVE ONE YUAN TO THE JAPANESE INDUSTRIALISTS AND THEIR MINIONS.  WHAT MORE IF THE AMOUNTS ARE AT LEAST 100 BILLION DOLLARS WORTH!  WAITING TO SEE THE EFFECTS OF JAPANESE YEN DEVALUATION BEFORE CHINA FOLLOWS SUIT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE A PROPOSITION.  IT IS A LUXURY THAT CHINA CANNOT AFFORD, EVEN IF ITS CENTRAL BANK GOVERNORS ARE COMFY WITH IT.  

Revalue the Yuan to 8 CNY:1 USD now!!!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-1 07:31:29 |Display all floors
I welcome this suggestion, not for political reasons, but because I will visit Guangzhou in December and this exchange rate would be great! I could buy more gifts for my family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 15:03:45 |Display all floors
Col, selling you more Chinese products for less dollars is a win-win situation.  You get more goods, and China earns more foreign exchange which is useful by virtue of the US dollar being the de facto international reserve currency, which can be exchanged for oil and agri products that China needs.  This is much better for China than for Japan to use US dollars to build its Wehrmacht with US arms, at the expense of Chinese export industry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 15:26:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-5-1 18:05
abramicus Post time: 2013-5-1 05:39
Sans, China is so big that it is no longer nimble.  The number of issues and events that flood the c ...

abramicus: I would believe you know what water sprinklers installed in big building complexes are are meant for? These sprinklers are calibrated to spring into action the moment the volume of smoke and the intensity of heat in the building is been detected and the sprinklers will sprinkle out water to delay or to kill the fire. These sprinklers do not come into play only after the whole building is engulfed in fire. If China has no "sprinklers" installed to detect and prevent any eventualities, then I am sad to say, it is doomed to fail! Could Diaoyudao be the reason/s why it happens the way it happened?
Translate ....

我會相信你知道什麼樣的水噴頭安裝在大的建築群目的是為?
這些噴頭進行校準來付諸行動,瞬間煙霧量和熱強度
在建築物被檢測到和噴頭將會水撒上來推遲或殺火。
這些噴頭不來付諸行動只有整棟樓後在火吞沒。
如果中國有沒有“噴頭”安裝,檢測和防止任何不測,
然後我很傷心地說,它是注定要失敗的!
釣魚島的原因,為什麼會發生,的方式發生的呢?

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 15:33:15 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-5-1 15:26
abramicus: I would believe you know what water sprinklers installed in big building complexes are  ...

sprinklers?

sprinklers not enough to drown rats.

We need rat poison.

more rat poison the better.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-1 16:30:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-5-1 16:39
sansukong Post time: 2013-5-1 15:26
abramicus: I would believe you know what water sprinklers installed in big building complexes are a ...

Sans, the Japanese can be shown historically to keep a double entry accounting system in international relations.  What Japan outwardly claims or annexes would often have been lost by its victim's internal connivance.  Japan always loosens a nail before it plucks it out.  There is no doubt that Japan would have tried to loosen China's resolve to hang on to Diaoyudao before it officially annexed it.  Obviously, it was not very successful, but you know which bigwigs in China immediately condemned the protesters who vented their anger at Japanese cars and products, some of whom are high up in her diplomatic circles, some in the top leadership circles, and still others in her military top brass even.

This time around, Japan only needed its collaborators in China to DO NOTHING WHILE JAPANESE YEN IS UNDERVALUED AND UNDERMINING CHINA'S EXPORT MARKET.  Doing nothing while Japan outsells Chinese manufacturers is THE SAME AS LETTING THE MANCHU ARMY THRU SHANHAI GUAN.  China's economy will be seized with wave after wave of factory shutdowns, lay offs, and eventually, street protests.  These guys are going after China's jugular, because once you get workers, not just easily influenced college students, to go to the streets, you have a very serious problem.  It is equivalent to the Zhao attempted coup multiplied by ten times.

Before the TAM unrest flared up, Zhao turned a blind eye to the inflationary consequences of his economic policies that achieved, in time for the protests, an inflation rate of about 16%.  The inflation got everybody very upset and anxious, ready to go to the streets to change whatever they can change in order to not starve.  It took a Zhu Rongji, and the support of the elder statesman, Chen Yun, to put out the flames of inflation, unemployment, and the corruption-ridden privatization of state assets.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.