Author: vincent01

Should China abandon its conservative foreign policy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-27 11:17:05 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-4-27 11:15
You really are naive if you think voting is going to change anything.

Even non voters can benefit from democracy.........

See how powerful is democracy?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-4-27 11:35:46 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-4-26 19:17
Even non voters can benefit from democracy.........

This is one of the most stupid comments you've made in the last few days.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 11:51:03 |Display all floors
If any country wants to lead a moral value system must do it properly and must first get it's own house in order. There are not many Gov't in the world that have done this throughout history but if anyone thinks China has the "moral" authority to dictate to the world and others a moral code and value system then they are wrong. The world knows about China and it's fake markets and overly corrupt local and federal government officials.How can the blind lead? What words would they choose to suggest they can lead? Public face and private image are two opposing value systems and China has that going for it in spades.....what would they lead with? The public face that is not truthful or the private face which is the truth and with this face China couldn't lead a pack of school girls in search of high moral value because ALL the systems that the school girls were raised in are corrupt themselves. A system that leads by dictatorship cannot lead within their own country let alone lead the world. There are no large countries today who can lead the world into anything but more negativeness.....look around you.
And what's wrong with having dark skin?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 12:00:12 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-4-27 11:35
This is one of the most stupid comments you've made in the last few days.

No it isn't actually.....many non voters benefit from not voting simply by claiming one of the social benefits that were hard won through an election by the party that promised, won  and delivered. Democrats who brought in "women's maternity benefits" and a woman who never voted claims these benefits when she is working becomes pregnant and collects. That is one example...there are tons more.
And what's wrong with having dark skin?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 12:03:02 |Display all floors
Dillonb1950 Post time: 2013-4-26 20:00
No it isn't actually.....many non voters benefit from not voting simply by claiming one of the soc ...

Congratulations. You have been successfully brainwashed.
You actually believe that elections in the west are meaningful.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 12:05:37 |Display all floors
Dillonb1950 Post time: 2013-4-26 19:51
If any country wants to lead a moral value system must do it properly and must first get it's own ho ...

""The world knows about China and it's fake markets and overly corrupt local and federal government officials.""

I guess you haven't heard of the biggest fake market in the world. The US federal reserve system.
The obscenely rich of the west own that and thus own the USA.
Just how naive are you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 12:14:50 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-4-27 12:05
""The world knows about China and it's fake markets and overly corrupt local and federal governmen ...

The topic is China and China dont control the FED.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.