Author: vincent01

Should China abandon its conservative foreign policy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-27 09:26:53 |Display all floors
For starters, it is South China sea, not South China lake
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-4-27 10:58:36 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-4-27 07:04
Very good idea. Then the defects of democracy in the west might be corrected.
The people of the we ...

Did you vote in the last US election? If you did why did you wish to participate in a system that is so flawed?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-4-27 11:04:53 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-4-26 18:58
Did you vote in the last US election? If you did why did you wish to participate in a system that  ...

I didn't vote. It makes no difference. This whole 'democracy' thing in the west is a big joke.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 11:08:29 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-4-27 11:04
I didn't vote. It makes no difference. This whole 'democracy' thing in the west is a big joke.

The process of democracy itself is itself a big improvement over feudal mediaval practises and stone heads worshipping.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-4-27 11:09:46 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-4-27 11:04

So if you do not vote how can you expect to change anything? Stand for office yourself, even at a low level and try to change things instead of dreaming and telling lies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 11:14:25 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-4-26 19:08
The process of democracy itself is itself a big improvement over feudal mediaval practises and sto ...

Democracy is a big improvement over the shell game at the carnival... maybe.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-27 11:15:01 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-4-26 19:09
So if you do not vote how can you expect to change anything? Stand for office yourself, even at a  ...

You really are naive if you think voting is going to change anything.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.