Author: vincent01

Should China abandon its conservative foreign policy?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-2 20:36:13 |Display all floors
gooddog Post time: 2013-5-2 13:13
Well, you seems to know UK quit well and I believe you had lived there before. By the way, Chester ...

I was born in the UK.

Chester is a nice place but I prefer York, it also has city walls that you can walk around along with a wonderful Minster Church and great museums to show you the cities 2000 years of history.

As to buying in China it is not possible to buy a house without a residence permit and that can only be got if you work in China.

Property prices and taxes vary greatly from city to city with Shanghai near the top of the expensive list whereas small out of the way places you can get property very cheaply. The major cities imposes taxes in order to put of property investors out to make a fast profit. A modest apartment in Shanghai will cost you over $600,000 USD and the sky is the limit in what you can pay.

Hopefully I will be able to take it easier in the future and move to somewhere like Suzhou where it is a little quieter but still close to Shanghai for convenience.

Many property companies are building places in seaside places and are promoting them as second homes, many of these places are cheap but not convenient.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.