Author: robert237

US bluff losing its edge   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-28 19:48:24 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-4-28 11:10
So what. The USA has about a dozen of these big fat targets.

Yes but the U.S has far higher capability to protect them, doesn't have many enemies with advanced weaponry, and uses them against countries which are not advanced and before carrier killer missiles were developed. China does not have the capabilities to protect them like the U.S, almost all of China's neighbours will be able to take China's carriers out, especially in 20 years by the time China can actually deploy them. They are all for show unless in 20 years China wants to attack African nations.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-4-29 02:27:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2013-4-28 10:28
Prometheus2 Post time: 2013-4-28 03:48
Yes but the U.S has far higher capability to protect them, doesn't have many enemies with advanced ...

I knew that one was coming.

You could hardly wait to slip into your pleated skirt, grab your pom poms and start cheering for the west
and their super keen and super secret toys. If only it were that simple for you simpletons.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 03:04:17 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-4-25 10:05
if the USA and their allies pull out of Asia., there will be a power vacuum and China will quickly ...

When China's internal market expands..... the regional governments will be bending over backwards to get the trade. The Chinese got it made..... barring a major conflict in the region.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 03:06:56 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-4-29 03:04
When China's internal market expands..... the regional governments will be bending over backwards  ...

The issue is why giant China wants tiny neigbors to bend backwards?

Want to play backside ah?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 03:12:06 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-4-29 03:06
The issue is why giant China wants tiny neigbors to bend backwards?

Want to play backside ah?

China does not have to intimidate its neighbours.....  they know which side their bread is buttered on, and they will soon be pleading to be China's friends.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 03:18:19 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-4-29 03:12
China does not have to intimidate its neighbours.....  they know which side their bread is buttere ...

All China neigbors have become democracies, including Malaysia.

China cannot play backside with democracies.....

The democracies will get the Eagle to help out chase the dragons away.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-29 03:21:15 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-4-29 03:18
All China neigbors have become democracies, including Malaysia.

China cannot play backside with d ...

China does not discriminate against political systems..... they are all welcome to trade if the want.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.