Author: voice_cd

Pray for quake-hit China's Sichuan   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-25 13:07:20 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-4-22 19:08
that´s ok...but in not only my opinion the authorities, army etc. isn´t professional enough...wh ...

The job of an army is to kill people at odds with a government. How much more professional do you want them to be?

The army only get drafted into relief work when existing agencies, trained specifically in rescue work, cannot cope with the size of the task. However, apart from brute force which doesn't require a lot of training there are many skills and equipment possesed by the army that are admirably suited to the problem of earthquakes such as transportation and engineering so don't be so quick to write them off.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-25 13:16:44 |Display all floors
drlovewise Post time: 2013-4-22 06:56
iam a parmecedic in america but i live in shenzhen china  is there any way i can help

It is improbable that you could offer skills that are not already readily available in Sichuan. Were there a shortage of such skills then I am sure that China would have accepted offers of international aid. However, foreigners do tend to get in the way in such operations because they typically need interpreters etc and simply having a basic understanding of mandarin isn't going to work in a region where they primarily speak a local dialect.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-25 13:40:56 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-4-22 07:40
You're an American paramedic living in Shenzhen and you come to a forum board to ask how you can h ...

My wife is an 'anonymous' Chinese Doctor with decades of surgical experience living in Chengdu. Even she has not been seconded to the earthquake zone but other Doctors have been sent from her hospital who are more qualified in casualty work than she is.

Western Doctors practicing in China are typically aimed at expats with insurance cover to ensure that they can collect their vastly inflated fees. I doubt if they would have the relevant skills either regardless of the improbability of their language skills being up to scratch.

Either way, I believe that you need a current medical license to practice in China and retired expats aren't likely to qualify except as a visiting foreign expert.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-25 14:47:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Boogers at 2013-4-25 15:26

I offer a prayer: may Jesus Christ bring back to life those that have died, and may He cure the injuries and rebuild the destroyed properties.  And may He go back in time using a divine time machine and prevent the earthquake from ever happening in the first place.  Amen.  

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-4-26 04:06:43 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2013-4-24 21:40
My wife is an 'anonymous' Chinese Doctor with decades of surgical experience living in Chengdu. Ev ...

Medical coverage in the USA is the second biggest expense only exceeded by rent or mortgage.
The obscenely rich families that own and rule the USA make their spare change on military equipment,
the rigged stock market, and the medical industry. The bottom feeding trial lawyers make a living suing
big pharma for their mistakes when using the general public as their guinea pigs.
Only the richest of the rich get any benefit from the outrageously expensive leading edge treatments.
Fortunately there is death that even the richest of the rich can't avoid.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-26 16:04:24 |Display all floors
i couldn't think about the quake, which destroyed so many people lives, why it always happened in sichuan?? and one of my friend from mianyang sichuan, after the quake, i could't contact with him and i called so many time on weixin, nobody answered.....i don't know what happened and just waiting for his good news. i can not imagine that.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-26 16:54:18 |Display all floors
jacky861213 Post time: 2013-4-26 16:04
i couldn't think about the quake, which destroyed so many people lives, why it always happened in si ...

There are 3 fault lines running through the mountains on the Tibetan side of Sichuan.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.