Views: 5705|Replies: 8

THE REAL "CHINA DREAM" IS TO FIGHT FOR TOMORROW EVERY SINGLE DAY. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-15 16:25:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-4-15 16:27

Due to the success of the past generations, it is all too easy to believe that the China Dream is just around the corner, forgetting that every yuan of income added to the annual earnings of the average Chinese was fought for, died for and also worked for.

No, the "China Dream" of tomorrow is not about how to distribute or consume the current prosperity, but rather, the real "China Dream" is about how to fight for every tomorrow, every single day.

There is no future that is not fought for today.  And those who lie down to rest shall surely be left behind.  Work is success.  Consumption cannot be the basis of prosperity.  Forget the western-trained economists' advice.  If China prints the money of the world forever, yes, consumption can be the basis for its prosperity.  But if China has to first produce something in order to sell it (thereby monetizing its value), then production will forever be China's basis for its prosperity.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-4-16 11:21:23 |Display all floors
I don't think we will hear from many Chinese saying what their dream for China is on this English forum.
Maybe a few westerners pretending to be Chinese.
All I can say is that the Chinese had better be ever vigilant against the west.
The west has proven time and time again that they are single minded in subjugating any nation
that has somethine worth stealing. They killed a million Vietnamese trying to subjugate that nation.
Imagine how many Chinese they would kill .. if only China didn't have the hydrogen bomb and missiles to carry them.
Now the westerners are busy with plan B. The tirelessly slinging of lies, rewritten history, propaganda, and even sweet
words. The single purpose being to cause unrest and distrust among Chinese in their own land.
The westerners don't realize the Chinese are far to cleaver to fall for this. It's amusing to watch buy harmless.
But they are pathologically greedy and you can bet they are working on a plan C.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 12:29:18 |Display all floors
PRODUCTION, NOT CONSUMPTION, MUST REMAIN THE DRIVING FORCE OF PROSPERITY AND SECURITY

As if with prescience, but actually, just by sheer coincidence, my thoughts on what the "China Dream" should be appeared very timely in the context of the large scale decline in the US stock market due to China's first quarter GDP growth being announced as a mere 7.7% instead of the 7.9% or 8.0% that the world expected.  The S&P500 plummeted more than 2% in a single day (aided by the collapse of the gold market, due to an entirely different cause, i.e., the sale of some $6 billion dollars worth of gold by a major brokerage).  

So, it is time for China to reflect upon what it has done, and done poorly, in the past 6 months, that led to this seeming death knell of the Chinese economy, as the world markets took it to be.  A 7.7% annual growth rate of GDP is extremely good compared to other countries, but not when compared to the China of a year ago.  And thus, it is time for China to find out what went wrong that was outside its control, and what went wrong that was within its control.

The recession in America and Europe was mostly out of China's control.

But the overvaluation of the Yuan, to the point that Chinese exports are handicapped by an exchange rate imposed politically on its human labor intensive economy that overvalues the purchasing power of the average paycheck, has resulted in China's worldwide decline in exports, and indirectly, in the loss of its foreign currency reserves as China has to pay out more dollars for every Yuan it receives from a foreign client.

If politicians are inept at defending the true exchange rate of the Yuan, fearing reprisals galore for standing up for the truth, then the solution is for such politicians to politely resign and tell their people, they are too soft to fight for their rights.  Leaders must be tough for their people.  They must be willing to take risks, suffer reverses, and sometimes, fight for their jobs even.  But to secure one's job by avoiding challenging situations is not true leadership.  It is the opposite of leadership.  Time for China to wake up from its brief "China Dream" and instead roll up its sleeves and WORK HARD AGAIN to give the next generation the chance to have a better dream than they can afford today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 12:29:39 |Display all floors
Jonus Post time: 2013-4-15 20:20
The West has given China every opportunity for wealth creation. They opened their markets, transfe ...

The Chinese are having fun with the toys of the west. You see this as them adopting western capitalism.
Your argument is 'pick up an iPhone and you automatically change political position'.
You are very young and naive. A phony ghost of any one of a host of western propagandists on this
forum. All of 10 credits.
Who are you a ghost of?
Don't be so arrogant as to assume if the west never invented present technology it never would have
been invented. The west invented most of its base technology for the military. Killing people to steal
their land and resources is a specialty of the west. I wouldn't be so proud if I were you.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-16 12:57:48 |Display all floors
Jonus Post time: 2013-4-15 20:41
Please avoid the personal attacks sir. I have not insulted you and you should refrain from it also ...

You have insulted me and all of China with your trying to take credit for the west of all of China's successes.
Where is an intellectual around here to begin with?
The Chinese have invented more basic technology over thousands of years than any other culture.
The last 500 years have been dominated by western inventions inspired by the perverse need to invade, conquer, and kill
foreign lands to steal resources. China has been at the receiving end of that for the past 200 years save for the last 63
thanks to Mr. Mao.
If the west is so superior to China why is the west so deeply in debt and hated by the rest of the world?
Because they are lazy bums who can only produce goods by subjugating others.
The Chinese saw their faults and armed with nuclear weapons there was no subjugating China. But China could
do work the westerners are so allergic too and put the west at a deep disadvantage.
The west never learned to work. They always depended on slaves. Local or foreign.
That is about to change. {:soso_e113:}

Do you fancy yourself as an intellectual little fella?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-17 08:28:04 |Display all floors
Jonus Post time: 2013-4-15 21:10
OK dude you obviously dont understand what a personal attack is. Ergo, off come the gloves. First  ...

I stopped reading at the "America that drove the Japanese out of China".
You are not even worthy of an insult. To call you a retard would just be telling the truth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-17 08:29:41 |Display all floors
Jonus Post time: 2013-4-15 21:22
Chinese are so easily insulted. Wimps! I often argue with them and they get loud and obnoxious, bu ...

If you are going to start pummeling how will I know? Good thing you don't have a brain or you'd be dangerous.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.