Views: 8394|Replies: 10

How many foreigners here try herbal medicine? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-13 17:16:58 |Display all floors
Just curious about the foreigners who tried this Chinese tradition treatment to disease, I also heard about some even try acupunture which scares even some Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-13 17:18:39 |Display all floors
hot pot.jpg

I tried this several years ago.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-13 18:28:53 |Display all floors
Diggit Post time: 2013-4-13 17:18
I tried this several years ago.

As my wife is a Chinese medicine practitioner the answer is yes I have participated in various treatments and potions at her behest. Not because I think they would work, but because like most Chinese wives, her life revolves around keeping her man healthy and happy, and I am happy to submit to a certain amount of agony and yukky potions to please her. {:soso_e101:} Massage, cupping and acupuncture seem to be the most used with a little smoke here and there and the occasional bone wrenching...........and usually accompanied by a variety of herbal teas. Don't ever believe anyone who says Chinese massage is a sensuous experience, it can be pretty painful {:soso_e109:}

Do they work? Well........like all treatments, who knows if the problem would have resolved itself without the treatment? If the problem subsides she claims success, if it doesn't I know I am in for another session.{:soso_e150:} I think it is called mutual love {:soso_e102:}

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-4-13 18:44:10 |Display all floors
I have, and it works very well for me !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-13 21:53:15 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-4-13 18:28
As my wife is a Chinese medicine practitioner the answer is yes I have participated in various tre ...

your wife would be pleased for what you have done for her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-14 21:09:12 |Display all floors
Diggit Post time: 2013-4-13 21:53
your wife would be pleased for what you have done for her.

I'm a very lucky guy, I found a wonderful woman. Nothing is too much trouble for her in looking after me and I feel exactly the same about her. She asks for little but gives a lot.  She wasn't looking for a laowai husband (but got lumbered with me anyway ) she doesn't want a "green card" and has no partrcular desire to leave China, although she would if I asked. Guess who got a s good deal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-14 22:06:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.