Views: 7460|Replies: 6

The deceased you miss [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-4 09:55:53 |Display all floors
Today (Thursday) is Qingming Festival or Tomb Sweeping Festival in China, which people would pay respect to their past relatives and sacrifice flower, candy or meals and wines.

So what's your way to express your feeling to the past and who is the one you miss most ? Share us your story with the close past relatives or friends in the day of remembrance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-4 10:08:28 |Display all floors
People would fix the grave (usually a mound) by clearing up the grass and shovel fresh soil onto it in my hometown. My father usually does the work representing his other four siblings and bring sacrifices like wine, meat and money for ghostdom to my grandparents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-4 13:23:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Diggit at 2013-4-4 13:23
Kbay Post time: 2013-4-4 12:55
Wisdom Pang!

Is Pang gone or ..... just banned?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-5 02:01:16 |Display all floors
I have an uncle who died a couple of years ago. My father left when I was three years old, and this uncle stepped in and did all the things that a father would normally do with his sons (I am a twin). He and his wife, my mother's younger sister, could not have children of their own.

He was always there when I needed a father, no matter what. He's gone now, and the thing that hurts me most is the fact that my children never had a chance to know him. I was there when he died. He wanted his family to be there with him in his last hours, so we came from all over the country to honour his request. He was a great man.

We have no special customs to remember the dead. I wish we had, some times, so we would be reminded to tell others about these special people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-5 02:11:23 |Display all floors
the rule for my grandparents cemetery is very strict only past 60 years of age is permitted to bury there, and no whatsoever stick in the ground like plants & flowers but the chinese treated like if their home backyard (hey dont look at me like that we follow ev'ry rule & regulation since we came to this country right after fall of saigon)  {:soso_e113:}{:soso_e128:}{:soso_e135:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-4-5 03:21:32 |Display all floors
Diggit Post time: 2013-4-4 13:23
Is Pang gone or ..... just banned?

He was banned for being such a foul mouthed member

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-6 10:47:07 |Display all floors
I miss my maternal grandmother, who died 5 years ago. She was of 100% Irish descent, but raised in America. She could see the humor in everything, and could adjust to any difficulty with a great attitude. My grandfather is 92 now, and is not the same man since she died, although I guess he is coping well enough, for a man who has lost his wife of 60+ years.

We remember her at family dinners, when we raise a toast to her. We all became more outgoing and friendly to strangers, just as she was. It seems to make the world a happier place.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.