Author: vincent01

Why Chinese pilots don't eject from the plane before crash?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-4-5 21:05:37 |Display all floors
Chucks his 2 cents worth in the ring.

The reasons may never be known. The ejection seat is a 0-0 design provided the canopy has been blown off, but otherwise it has a minimum altitude of 100m for a successful ejection. Chances are and this is purely speculation that the crew were trying to avoid hitting any of the houses around the area or were trying to ditch the aircraft or do a belly up landing on the sand.

What ever the reason the crew aren't around to explain their reasons and I doubt if the results will be made public.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-5 23:19:13 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-4-5 05:05
Chucks his 2 cents worth in the ring.

The reasons may never be known. The ejection seat is a 0-0 de ...

There are also [black boxes] in these monsters, I presumed...  Now, will the PLAAF release the details of it? It is, of course, a well known fact that military secrets are just that -- military secrets! For example: to this very day, Beijing has yet to officially release details, either way, of the casualties sustained in the sino-Vietnam war because keeping the enemy in a constant state of anxiety has always been one of the arts of Sun Tu what's his name that Chinese military strategists worships and honors almost religiopusly...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-4-6 04:54:27 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2013-4-5 23:19
There are also  in these monsters, I presumed...  Now, will the PLAAF release the details of it? I ...

They are fitted with both an FDR (Flight Data Recorder) and CVR (Cockpit Voice Recorder), which together form what's known as a black box.  The only problem is that unless the crew speak in the last few seconds no real inkling of the reasoning may be fathomable. This assumes such information and the results of the crash are made public. Something which I doubt will happen.

Looking at the photos again I'd hazard a guess they were trying to land on the mud flats or perform a ditching and it went horribly wrong.  The exact reason for needing to land where they did however is something that I cannot speculate on.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-4-6 06:45:20 |Display all floors
The crew made a descision and that has to be respected ...........

And many crews from other countries have done the same ...........

I suspect that many of the 'sloths' that comment in this forum would not have had the ability to act as these guys did for whatever reasons ........

I am with the crew on this one  ............  {:soso_e181:}

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-6 09:42:06 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2013-4-5 12:54
They are fitted with both an FDR (Flight Data Recorder) and CVR (Cockpit Voice Recorder), which to ...

Look! If I were a pilot, any pilot, in the PLAAF, I unquestionably would've stayed with the Sukhoi and try my best to bring it safely to the ground in as much one piece as possible or, better still, bring it back to home base. It's part of my duty and what I had bargained for as one who would been fortunate enough to be selected to man one of those Ace Combat flying machines not in fantasy, but for real.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-6 10:07:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2013-4-6 12:05
edisonone Post time: 2013-4-6 09:42
Look! If I were a pilot, any pilot, in the PLAAF, I unquestionably would've stayed with the Sukh ...

Did I say anything about duty or saying they should or shouldn't stay with the aircraft?

As to their staying with the aircraft at all costs, I am not qualified to speak of PLAAF policy in this area, but if it is similar to the Russian policy and western policies it's save yourself if possible as the reasoning is that a pilot represents a massive investment of time and training (money) while an aircraft is expensive, a pilot is harder to replace quickly as there is a minimum of 3 years solid training required to get a pilot trained up to fly a jet fighter.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-7 11:09:50 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2013-4-1 14:41
They're probably told the aircraft is more valuable than them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.