Views: 7638|Replies: 12

How difficult to find a decent job for elderly ppl in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-21 20:06:13 |Display all floors
I met few old friends from different cities in the past few months. They tried to find a job like clerks in shopping malls or office empolyees as they have college degrees. They are more that 40 yrs old and which is difficult for them to find a job like that. As the requirement for the position was limited to 25 -35 yrs old and no more elderly ppl. they all worry now what kind of job that they can apply now. Is that  a special case  or a general phenomenons ONLY in China ?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-3-22 10:52:38 |Display all floors
This happens all over the world. The employers have the older employees train younger ones who
work for smaller wages and then get rid of the older employees who have had a lifetime of wage
increases, small as they might be.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 16:52:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by messi30 at 2013-3-22 18:01
They are more that 40 yrs old and which is difficult for them to find a job like that.

Wonder under 40 also have that problem, discrimination problem

I have a friend who is 37 and she was rejected in a restaurant for the position of waitress because the maximum age was 35.
I suggest you to post this thread in China Watch Section, probably you will get more info about it.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 16:57:34 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-3-22 10:52
This happens all over the world. The employers have the older employees train younger ones who
work  ...

Mr. Robert

Regarding your first line

1.- You are a real American, never step a foot in China and you are just an ignorant or
2.- You are Chinese pretending to be an American and you are lying here.

The rejection for women who apply for any kind of job is higher.
I suggest you not to post in this forum under the influence of drugs, be nice.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 16:58:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by messi30 at 2013-3-22 16:59
messi30 Post time: 2013-3-22 16:57
Mr. Robert

The rejection for women who apply for any kind of job is higher.

After 35 y/o

Not elder people, they are just middle age women.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-3-22 19:29:54 |Display all floors
We have a business called the Grey Army, retired oldies who are trades people and professionals you can hire.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 21:20:08 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-3-22 16:57
Mr. Robert

On what you based your statements? Any grounds?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.