Views: 8963|Replies: 19

[US] What's the core interests of new China-US ties in your mind? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-3-20 15:37:57 |Display all floors
{:soso_e114:}

President Xi Jinping told US Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew in Beijing on Tuesday that he wants to build a new type of relationship with Washington centered on core interests.

It was Xi's first major international meeting since taking office on Thursday. It was also the first high-level Sino-US contact since former US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta visited Beijing in September.

Xi's emphasis on "core interests" clarified the bottom line regarding Beijing's ties with Washington in a polite yet firm way, analysts said.

Lew's China visit, to be followed by other high-ranking US officials, demonstrates that Washington has expectations of the new Chinese administration, they said.

"I attach great importance to China's relationship with the United States," Xi told Lew, who took office last month.

"In the China-US relationship we have enormous shared interests, but of course, unavoidably, we have some differences," Xi said.

According to a news release the Foreign Ministry issued after the talks, Xi said China stood ready to work with the US to "respect and take care of each other's core interests and major concerns and properly handle differences".

What's the core interests of new China-US ties in your mind?  {:soso_e114:}

My answer is money. Money can solve many issues in the world, hahaha...{:soso_e113:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-20 15:40:23 |Display all floors

Detroit needs money to recover the city's economy from downturn right now, especially for its real estate market.

China can donate some money to the US. {:soso_e120:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 01:03:12 |Display all floors
ttt222 Post time: 2013-3-20 15:40
Detroit needs money to recover the city's economy from downturn right now, especially for its real ...

Wow, ttt, are all parts of China doing so great? No? Then why not lend *them* your money,,,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 14:09:31 |Display all floors
Robmacker Post time: 2013-3-22 01:03
Wow, ttt, are all parts of China doing so great? No? Then why not lend *them* your money,,,

Wow, it is not my repsonsibility to do so!

I do not run a bank actually. Hahaha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-23 04:35:37 |Display all floors
What's the core interests of new China-US ties in your mind?

For the U.S. it is about delaying or not having ,to pay back the debts owed to China.

For China, it is about getting back all the money, loaned to the U.S.in full ... the sooner the better!

Translate ..........

对于美国来说,
它是大约,拖延或,
所不具备的,付,
债项所欠中国。

对于中国来说,
它即将得到的,
回到所有的钱,
借出的美国于全...越快越好!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-23 10:03:04 |Display all floors
I think the core interest of the China is to ensure the U.S does nothing to hinder the CPC's power or privilege in China. The rulers of China are not worried about U.S aggression as such, but are worried by the instability the U.S influence can cause regarding one party rule.

The core interests of the U.S is that China follows the modern global rules based system, improves its trade policies and theft, and doesn't do a Germany or Japan.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 15:23:46 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2013-3-23 10:03
I think the core interest of the China is to ensure the U.S does nothing to hinder the CPC's power o ...

I totally disagree with you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.