Views: 4243|Replies: 4

Phreaking air in Beijing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-19 19:32:20 |Display all floors
well, if you lived or visited any major city in China you'd know why I don't post here much.

That's because I don't view much. Beijing's air just sucks rocks.

Last time I think I posted about Ceres and Vesta but I forgot to look here .

Things have been dead as far as astro goes but I did get to yanqing one night where I was up about 900meters above the city and it was clear out. I stayed awhile but..

it was too soon for Panstarrs.

Anyway, I am going to play hooky from work tomorrow because it rained today which means clear out tomorrow. i hope..

will 'try' to catch panstarrs before it goes off but its hard to see through all the pollution from Shaanxi.

im heavily considering moving to Lijiang.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-5 10:26:11 |Display all floors
I'm jerry,from China, GLAD TO meet U all, I'm genuine,seriously

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-5-12 09:04:51 |Display all floors
Lostalien,

It's not much better here in Perth at present, heavy cloud for much of the past couple of weeks has meant no observing for me. It may be clear tonight in which case I might set up the 5" refractor or maybe a 6" Maksutov and have a good look at Saturn and a few clusters.  
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 14:02:57 |Display all floors
i've had a few rare nights last month that i would setup up my 5.5" newt and saw the cassinni division but that's a rarity.

did you see the conjunction?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-8 14:03:38 |Display all floors
welcome jerry

Use magic tools Report

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.