Author: Orthoceras

Five Ways to Save Windows 8   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-7 22:49:51 |Display all floors
Punicalagin Post time: 2013-4-6 09:36
I am so looking forward to the coming Lenovo super-duper beefed up hyper-powered, hyper-GUI, hyper ...

Doubtful.

Lenovo makes junk. They can't even make a half decent trackpad by themselves. To see Lenovo's capabilities you can check out their IdeaPad line. Just another OEM Windows manufacturer. They will not be able to turn Ubuntu into anything useful. The best they can do is leave it alone and contribute to the project.

They currently have the best (in my opinion) PC laptop with their ThinkPad line, but that's only because they bought it from IBM. And I used to love ThinkPads before Lenovo ruined them and introduced cheap components and engineering. Since then I switched to Apple which is not perfect, but still better in most ways.

Lenovo still has the lead because even with all the damage they've done to the ThinkPad line, there's no other Windows-based PC that competes with it (yet).

Truthfully, if you want Windows or Linux just buy Apple and install your OS of choice. The hardware is still the best. I'm typing this on my Macbook Pro Retina and it's a great machine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 13:19:05 |Display all floors
fourtyfour Post time: 2013-4-7 22:49
Doubtful.

Lenovo makes junk. They can't even make a half decent trackpad by themselves. To see Le ...

True.  But, to circumvent the lack of ability of Chinese people to have an idea, they hire thousands of top White geniuses to do R&D.  They bring them to China or create R&D facilities in White countries and hire White geniuses.  So, Lenovo can still come out on top!  China just hired the White geniuses who invented and maintain Ubuntu to come to China to create a mega-Ubuntu operating system for China.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 18:11:08 |Display all floors
Gingerol Post time: 2013-4-8 13:19
True.  But, to circumvent the lack of ability of Chinese people to have an idea, they hire thousan ...

OK, but who is going to maintain all of it when they're done?

Chinese version of ubuntu is not Mega Ubuntu. It's just different. And after a few cycles it will fall behind the open source project.

Also it's weird that you keep saying "WHITE geniuses". You know they are not all white right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-12 02:46:58 |Display all floors
What will China do?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.