Author: Celestite

Why Should Anyone in China Make More than A Few Hundred Thousand Dollars a Year?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-3-18 12:15:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-3-17 19:51
Pictures taken in San Jose, California (U.S. of A.), say you?

The people in your pics don't look  ...

The North Koreans are staving either. That's just another bit of false propaganda spread by stooges such as yourself.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 13:08:36 |Display all floors
SoCalChevy Post time: 2013-3-18 10:49
But at least in a democracy we also have a chance to elect a good government. And any bad people w ...

Keep dreaming! Good governments don't exist in a democracy because those we elect are not qualified to run the country. Typically even if they were qualified to run a country the majority of the electorate are saddled with a government that they are opposed to.

But yes, in theory you can remove corrupt and generally useless politicians from office. The problem is, however, that it really wont make any difference to the bad government that you get saddled with because at best they represent a political party and at worst they represent business.

A thought for you - if you were running a business,  would you appoint your managers by taking a democratic vote amongst the staff or would you appoint those best qualified and trained to do the job.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-18 14:14:25 |Display all floors
I agree that in the case of a business it is best to appoint someone who knows what they are doing. However when an entire country is run that way the leaders seem more prone to corruption.
The car is red. I am not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-17 08:41:42 |Display all floors
SoCalChevy Post time: 2013-3-18 14:14
I agree that in the case of a business it is best to appoint someone who knows what they are doing.  ...

government should not limit income.  freedom is important.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-7 22:16:10 |Display all floors
I agree: no one needs more than 200 American dollars a year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-24 08:21:02 |Display all floors
SoCalChevy Post time: 2013-3-18 14:14
I agree that in the case of a business it is best to appoint someone who knows what they are doing.  ...

What's wrong with being a billionaire.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-21 15:16:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by AshkeNietzsche at 2016-7-21 15:22
robert237 Post time: 2013-3-18 12:15
The North Koreans are staving either. That's just another bit of false propaganda spread by stooge ...

Food is so cheap to make with modern agricultural technology that is seems impossible for anyone to starve.  

We don't need "fresh" food; we need nutritious food, and nutritious food can be dried and powdered to allow for long shelf life.  Protein can be gotten from dried whey protein and soy protein.  fruits and vegitables can be dried and powdered for long shelf life.  Calcium can be created in tablet form.  

NO reason for starvation, unless your nation is low IQ.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.