Author: chiengolee

China lost war to Vietnam in 1979   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-24 02:30:18 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-2-23 05:24
We are having ignorant novices who just listened to propaganda.

China stopped USSR from encroachi ...

>We are having ignorant novices who just listened to propaganda.

Isn't that always what the case has been, Mr, Lau?" I mean what else can we expect but the same old same olds?

Look at it this way: they (the Laughings) have no idea that they had been and that they are still "being preprogramed as zombies" through their mass network of mass medias a'la the inputting of info into a PC  system fashion to ensure it that these operating systems become nothing more but systems dedicated only to a the purpose that the programmer intended of them. In other words, systems that can't and that does not have the intelligence nor the leisure to processes information on their own, based on deductive logic, so as to think for themselves.  

As to the persecution of Chinese that country: Why not? Pushing them out into the high seas, which practically guarantees their demise, certainly beats having these subjects (overseas Chinese in Vietnam who had taken advantage of the immunity they had in avoiding the drafted; probably as a result of agreements between China at the time) in the country who, as the Laughing would put it, unpatriotic to their adoptive of their land of birth regardless of their heritage. Yes, that was the word as to why the Vietnamese boat peoples!

>China stopped USSR from encroaching into South-East Asia. Military objective achieved with very much more Chinese troops on the Sino-Russian border.

If Mao had the balls to wrestle with the Russian bear, fang and tooth, in 69, even though the Russian bear was hundreds of times more power, militarilly speaking, than China was, one would have thought that the Brezhnev might have had more sense in him than to try and drag the sino-Soviet feud further south, into the sino-Vietnamese theater of operation...

The Sino-Soviet border conflict (中苏边界冲突) was a seven-month military conflict between the Soviet Union and China at the height of the Sino-Soviet split in 1969. The most serious of these border clashes occurred in March 1969 in the vicinity of Zhenbao Island (珍宝岛) on the Ussuri River, also known as Damanskii Island (Остров Даманский) in Russia. cident (珍宝岛自卫反击战) [4] The conflict was finally resolved with future border demarcations."
(Via Wiki therefore take at face value only)

On Cambodia: Cambodia, my opinion, had nothing to do with the sino-Vietnam war as was dreesed by the international community. Sihanouk's was already safely tucked away in Beijing for safety and for an eventual return, which he did, after the Pol Pot regime was toppled. I suspect that that was expected. The matter with that question is: "When?" My speculation is this: Pol Pot was mean enough of a military machinery for which China, and secretely the USA too of course were covertly arming and supporting (this was the speculated the actual case in the 80's and 90's however both denied associations with the regime) Pol Pot to push the CV's out of the country. Therefore, the legacies of the killing fields, my opinion, had to have been in the radars of both conspirators who had denied knowlege or association.

However, being that [pushing Vietnam out of Cambodia] and [the killing of the echoes of the Soviet national anthem from bouncing off of a walls elsewhere in the globe] was a priority that overides all else at the time for America (China's agenda here is to stop the Soviet threat). The need to act dumb thus was essential and something that must be treated with the top most prior of agenda for both China and the US. However, the story of the killing fields demanded explainations -- explainations which requires further covering ups... In other words, Cambodia have bearing on the goings ons of the sino-Vietnamese war... My speculation: It was like this threatening note which had forced the Vietnamese into rethinking the bearings they have with China:

The Chinese entered northern Vietnam and captured some of the bordering cities. On March 6, 1979, China declared that the gate to Hanoi was open!   

I was at the HK airport, and some Americans were telling the Chinese that all they needed was to line up at the Sino-Vietnamese border and pee into Vietnam. No need to fight. The Vietnamese would be drowned!

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 05:14:19 |Display all floors
Uncle_Pang Post time: 2013-2-23 05:44
But the Vietnamese government has been brooding in self-pity ever since.
It spit at the Chinese when ...

Vietnam, it can
be said, are the Japan wanna be
of the south...

And, where Japan tries

to reenact the greatness that it associates

itself with its Xu Fu past...

The expedition in search of the medicine for immortality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMNlI-YCVbU

The Vietnamese of the southern pandhandle, the ones that calls the shots in that country, seeks to relive the glories of it Nan-Yue past all the while, like that of Ah Bian's Taiwan, neglecting the association that it have with the Chinese motherland...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rrcnPaqqw4

Here, doubted poetically as amongst one of the most beautiful
of Chinese concubines Xi Shi are the very sources of the romantic novels of the Kingdom
of Yue which rivals that of romeo and juliet of the West.

In other words, as with Japan, Vietnam too harbours extremes of
aggresiveness and fuel by this aggresiveness will attempt to bring back those days of glory and they
are prepared to sacrifive the country to achieve this objective.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 08:10:05 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2013-2-23 21:11
Your last idea is empirically correct as both Washington and Beijing wanted the Russians out of As ...

The Vietnamese didn't leave Cambodia in 1979 but 10 years after the war in 1989. From a military perspective the war was a botched job. The only win was that they set back the Northern Vietnams economy with the scorched earth policy. The war politically was a win as it showed that USSR was incapable of protecting It's ally and that their resolve was weak.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 08:13:22 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-2-23 21:05
Wrong.

Vietnam eventually pulled out of Kampuchea (Cambodia).

The war didn't achieve this. UN sanctions did. The war was a military embarrassment for China. It did however achieve It's political goals. The war is not something to be proud of that's for sure.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 11:15:54 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2013-2-24 08:13
The war didn't achieve this. UN sanctions did. The war was a military embarrassment for China. It  ...

Reading you idiotic postings here, I bet your parents ain't too proud of you either!

"We ain't chimps are we Mary, why has the boy the intelligence of a monkey?" they'll be quizzing one another in search of a null answer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 13:21:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-24 16:57:34 |Display all floors
Jackson_Deng Post time: 2013-2-23 19:15
Reading you idiotic postings here, I bet your parents ain't too proud of you either!

"We ain't ch ...

Just as with Saddam's Iraq; as is with Quadafis Libya; Kim's Korea; Mao's China; I think the USSR as well during the cold wars; countries in Africa; Castro's Cuba; and the list goes on and on; UN sanctions did f'kall except to rain death, destruction, and hardship, upon the masses it targetted, and that's not because the leaders of these countries had neglected the needs of their subjects, as constantly attacked, verbally, by the West, but rather, that much needed imports such as food and medication were denied these countries as a means of forcing these countries into submission. How mean!!!  

These evils, they are still employing this inhumane tactic on Kim. But, I ask the people here who are adamant that UN sanctions are the one entitled to the credits here: "Did the UN sanctions made Kim budge even a smidge?" OF COURSE NOT!  So how could UN sanction on Vietnam force Vietnam into retreating? Failing in this respect, and failing in this respect miserably, they are, as seems here, "ORDERING THE CHINESE Beijing "has" to "confront Kim" for nuclear test! INTO TAKING KIM ON "MILITARY MEANS", if I've not misread the gestures within the headline in this article.

No, UN sanction did nothing to help push the VC's out of Cambodia. Pressure from covert and joint US and Chinese military backings and support of the Kmer Rouge, coupled with the withdrawl of support from Moscow in Hanoi's Cambodia effort (likely brought on by economic pressure Moscow was facing at the time) was what was instrumental in Hanoi's decision to pull back -- a promise I remember Hanoi had made almost five years prior to its actual date of withdrawal -- a promise no one was willing to buy at the time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.