Author: chiengolee

China lost war to Vietnam in 1979   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-22 21:41:29 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2013-2-21 20:47
id.iot~

that time Vietnam was fighting inside jungles...guerrilla warfare that China and U.S. is no ...

Slimpanda, your analysis is so superficial: you forgot that american used massive B52 bombing, and could never reduce the vietcong,even using orange agent to destroy the whole forest or hudnred thousand tons of napalm. Just because vietcong was determinate.  and China is far to have the firepower hundred of b52 had. Vietnamese won because they were trained to fight and they had nothing to lost, exactly like afghaneses.
You seems to imagine war like in the video games you play with.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 22:20:19 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2013-2-22 08:41
Slimpanda, your analysis is so superficial: you forgot that american used massive B52 bombing, and ...

the north vietnamese/VC escaped B52 & agent orange by way of hidin in southern tip of china...and the VC their combative fightin style was not to head-on collision rather ambushin; overall the VC have tremendous guerilla's mainstream in em than the PLA  

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-22 22:33:14 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2013-2-22 21:41
Slimpanda, your analysis is so superficial: you forgot that american used massive B52 bombing, and ...

China won this war as its objectives were not actually to do with Vietnam .........

It was a controlled insertion to achieve a desired result and at the end of the war Vietnam ceded territory to China  .........

Bet you cannot tell me what the objective was, and why they were given territory by Vietnam  .........  ??

You will not find the answer in a video game so think about it first  .........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 22:40:14 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2013-2-22 21:41

u know why U.S. and China still cant, after using those bombing?
bcos U.S. and China just simply BOMB it~ they do not know where are those viets hiding~ back then no night vision or heat censor~ BUT now do~ u try hide in the jungle...see i can snipe u or not~

not only that...NOW we have satelite heat censor~ can pin point their location and missiles on the way~

dude~ when u analyze...see they whole picture~ know current tech capability and past tech...now U.S. can bomb ur @s.s using unmanned craft~ they playing video game at U.S. and bomb ur @s.s~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-23 01:33:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-23 01:42:43 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-23 01:49:53 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.