Views: 13192|Replies: 16

What do you think of Xi jinping?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-21 14:41:11 |Display all floors
Xi is going to take the helm of China.

What do you think of him, will he lead China to a better future?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-21 14:44:48 |Display all floors
I am optimistic about him. he is a man with great vision. He is determined to tackle corruption.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 03:19:16 |Display all floors
From what I have seen so far, I think he will actively continue China's progress and development while working to maintain a delicate balance between change and stability. I agree with you that he will lead China to a better future by advancing the plan that the CPC has in place.

That's one thing I find very interesting about your system as opposed to ours in the USA. In the USA, we usually have two viable candidates from supposedly opposing parties, and the one who is from the party that is not currently in power will generally make it very plain that he or she intends to undo the "damage" done by the previous administration. Just about anyone can become president (with a few restrictions), so we wound up with a junior senator from Illinois who did not even complete his first term. The man had NO executive experience whatsoever and now he's in his second term as president.

In China, the transfer is harmonious and the new leaders are carefully selected and developed through a long career - starting with lower posts in smaller areas and slowly moving into positions of greater responsibility until the time comes when someone must be selected to take the highest office in the land. You are pretty much guaranteed to have someone with considerable executive experience by the time he or she becomes president, someone who has a proven record. Also, that person's move into that office is not based on promises to undo everything that the previous administration has accomplished.

No system is perfect. In the USA, the people have a more direct influence (and please correct me if I'm wrong) on who becomes president, but in China you are pretty much guaranteed to have someone who has applicable experience and has proven himself or herself to be capable of doing the job.

I wish President-Elect Xi well, and I look forward to China's bright future, since I have many friends in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 14:40:08 |Display all floors
I think there is no one Global Leader more humble than Xi Jinping and believe God will bless him in all that he does for China and the world. Humans with average intellect could understand that some leaders are using double standards in their dealings , exploiting poor countries.  China was like one which has endured  more than 130 years of humiliation. Homegrown Democracy was planted, digging and gradually growing since 1949 and now some countries might see the Truth to implement Homegrown Democracy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 17:18:03 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-3-1 03:19
From what I have seen so far, I think he will actively continue China's progress and development whi ...

Good point! I also believe president Xi will lead Chinese people to live a more prosperous life. Thank you very much for your wishes.
Are there foreigners in Ningxia, China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 18:21:15 |Display all floors
not so much prosperity

just better quality of life.Tackle some problems that are obvious and some just under the surface.
It will take time.Dont expect anything major this year.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-1 19:40:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.