Author: lau_guan_kim

The People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) finally wakes up!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-22 00:16:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 01:12:05 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-22 00:16
Furthermore, you have the dishonesty to malign me with your statement "ALL".

I am known for my met ...

Yes, you quite obviously research your articles by looking for material to reach a conclusion already formed.

You post. This elicits responses. My response is what it was. If your riposte is to get angry and resort to personal attacks ... then it doesn't help to make me feel that I was wrong in my own conclusions from your posts.

And to then insist that I speak responsibly!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 01:33:04 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-22 00:07
You dashed into this forum mocking my 'authored' pieces that has nothing to do with your concern ex ...

Your first two paragraphs are completely irrelevant, so I won't waste much time to answer. you post on a forum - you get responses.

LSD????

3rd paragraph: the old them vs. us argument eh? I criticize your post, discuss the rise of nationalism in youth today ... and thus I MUST be anti-government. Still, I understand why you post it. A typical example of victimization. If you are not with us you are against us!

3rd paragraph: I have discussed elements of the topic. I have also discussed the themes of your writing style. I wasn't aware that wasn't allowed in a forum. I'm not force-feeding you any thing. Sounds like more of the same victimization paranoia to me.

4th paragaph: "This is a sign of your weak positions in your argument."
LMAO. You just said in the last paragraph that I didn't have an argument. Must be the drugs addling your brain ... in your old age.

5th paragraph: "I am in my late 70's and seen more of the war than you."
I do try to respect elders, even if they are not much older than myself. However, I can't help but feel you have become more embittered with age.

6th paragraph: yes, I know the topic. And I commented that the entire 'treatise' as you like to call it was laced the victimzation theme. I was making a comment about your article. Nowwhere will you find vitriol.  As for my 'hating' Chinese govenrment see my response to paragraph 3: just more the them vs. us victimization nonsense.

7th paragraph: please show me where in our conversation I have vented extreme feelings against China (this is just an extension of the us vs. them argument above). As for the youth's feelings, sure they have a right to express their opinions - I never stated they didn't. However, I think it is acceptable to consider government policy which expresssly encourages feelings of victimization, particularly with regard to Japan. Conside e.g. that Russia/Soviets have invaded China a whole lot more in the last 150 years, they have tortured, looted, raped, signed unequal treaites with other imperiailsitic nations,  ... took Mongolia, Vladivostok and its surrounding areas and still haven't returned them ... heck they even still occupied Chinese territory after 1949. Why do no Chinese youth vent angry feelings towards the Russians?  

As for my 'indoctrination' ... I see we are back to square one. If I'm not with you (cast in the guise of China), then I must be against you (cast in the role of anti-China). I was born and went to school in the PRC. Unlike you, you dumb old goat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 02:17:54 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 02:45:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 10:16:14 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-22 02:17
So, you do admit I researched my materials, and since the it is for conclusion already formed, the ...

If you think flawed research is valid research, that's up to you.

I have not attacked you. I have criticized the underlying themes in your posts.

What is malicious about that? And why would you think this irresponsible?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 10:45:30 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-22 02:45
The first two paragraphs are very relevant as you attacked my works with a sarcasm enclosed within ...

Paragraphs 1 & 2: More ranting claiming my opinionss are (1) plagiarized and (2) that you are an intellectual superior.
I hold an opinion. My opinion is plagiarized?
You are an intellectual superios? Nationalistic rants do not suggest much in the way of intellectual capacity. I find it quite offensive that you are advocating war between China and Japan when you are not even a Chinese or Japanese national!

I quote:
"Comment on the topics and not the attack on the pewrson, as you are even doing now with condescension and sarcasm which make you ludicrous."

This is followed by your next setence:
"Wher had you vented extreme feelings against PRC? It show like the pock marks in your leprous face!"

So, how does it feel to be so ludicrous?
I will not take instruction from a non-Chinese national about how I should speak of the county of my birth!

Latter paragraphs:
"Stick to the topics of PLAN.You obviously hate the Russian by insidiously stirring up resentments from the Chinese against Czarist Russia imperialism against China. Is not that venting your hatred agaisnt Russia."

Czarist Russia? The Mongolian state was created by the Soviets. It was the Soviets who invaded China in the 60's.  
I state only historic facts. The Soviets took more land of China than anyone else. And you revert the question to me, suggesting I am influenced by hatred? LOL. The more relevant questions is why don't you hate Russia?

"Clearly you gloss over what Japan and the US did. You are indoctrinated by the Cold War mentality and your affiliation to Japan and other Western ideals showed in your diatribes."

LOL. I thought the topic was the PLAN? I don't gloss over anything. I only drew parallels. parallels which you refuse to discuss or contemplate. This nonsense of my 'affiliealtion to Japan and other western ideals' is just more of the us vs. them argument. Show me where I have expressed an affiliation to Japan.

The most important message in this post though is the one sentence above:
I will not take instruction from a non-Chinese national about how I should speak of the county of my birth!

You are trying to expand this into an Asian vs. Western Values argument (us vs them krap) while  moralizing on a war between the PRC and Japan. It is not your place to do so!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.