Author: lau_guan_kim

The People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) finally wakes up!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-17 16:38:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-21 12:19:00 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-21 17:39:23 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-21 20:55:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by changamullah at 2013-3-21 20:56
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-21 12:19
Abe’s Japan gambit backfires: China’s Diaoyu survey is a smart move
Lau Guan Kim
21 March 2013

Every single one of your 'authored' posts has one central theme: victimization.
You are not happy unless China is portrayed as a victim with merciless foreign nations ready to swoop.

Noticeably, it is also one of the main themes employed by the central government in education - at all levels from elementary school onward - since the early 90's. it is the constant refrain and portrayal of China the victim that lead to the incredibly fast movement away from patriotism and towards nationalism.

You ever wonder why many of today's youth are more virulent in the feelings/comments toward the Japanese than their older relatives?   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-21 21:24:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-21 22:37:27 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-3-21 21:24
Every single one?

Are you on LSD?

Yes, all.

LSD? You're getting old, old man. LSD hasn't been fashionable for years.

You are not writing from a historical perspective. Possible you are writing from YOUR historical perspective. But so much of what you write is conjecture and not fact-based. It is based on emotion, I gave you that but when emotion becomes involved, the real facts often get blurred.

If you cannot admit that the government has deliberately set out to use victimization as a pillar of its education program then I can only suggest you haven't spent much time either with youth on the mainland or on the mainland at all. Go read up on the patriotic education campaign that the government instilled in reaction to the major issues with students in the 89 and before.

As to your war experience, your occupation was in Singapore if I am not mistaken.  More importantly you would need to be in your late 70's to have suffered any major trauma.

I notice you only speak about the feelings of the older generation and make no comment about the youth IN CHINA. Despite, as you admit, they have no inkling of what happened to their grandparents or great-grandparents, they seem to have no problem venting extremely strong feelings towards 'Little Japan' even when there are no territorial disputes at hand. Ever wonder why they have such strong feelings?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-22 00:07:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.