Author: StandTimes

Meteorite crashes in Russia   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-16 03:34:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2013-2-15 20:36
TheHermit Post time: 2013-2-15 20:24
That is not what he meant..... LC was suggesting that we should have less sympathy for the inhabit ...

Well big countries do tend to be assholes on the world stage. It's easy to hate them from a purely political stand point, no need to take it personally. And no one died. There was nothing in the OP suggesting it had even affected humans, so I think you're just a little bit to eager to jump to moral conclusions.
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 05:44:05 |Display all floors
Oh man...pretty bad.. I remember a movie called Deep Impact, hope no bigger meteorite would hit us any more..

I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. --JKR

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 06:00:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2013-2-15 23:01
GryffindorBoy Post time: 2013-2-15 22:44
Oh man...pretty bad.. I remember a movie called Deep Impact, hope no bigger meteorite would hit us a ...

No chance of that I'm afraid. The best we can hope for is that it'll be a while, and that we'll be ready by then.  

NASA do keep track on the overwhelming majority of potential treats though (or so they think), but there could be wild shots out there that we simply aren't aware of yet.

And if one of those they do know about somehow were on collision course, there would be nothing at the moment we could do to deflect it.

So basically, more money for science and technology or we'll be sorry
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 06:48:43 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-2-16 02:53
this time i kno is for real & not from hollywood (saw it on YT)  {:soso_e1 ...

They said the ground shook like an earthquake and there was multiple explosions that injured 500 people and wrecked buildings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 09:21:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2013-2-16 09:37
safaribehn Post time: 2013-2-16 03:34
Well big countries do tend to be assholes on the world stage. It's easy to hate them from a purely  ...

No one died - yet.
May I remind you that in those affected areas that happened to be populated a lot of window glass was shattered that yet thanksfully only injured people?
And also remind you that it is yet still fricking winter, and russia, and thus likely also cold? (also dark)
With that much window glass having to be replaced in such short time in those areas, shortages are likely to happen at a critical time,
when people could still die from exposure!
I would not yet conclude no terminal consequences of the asteroids.

Even though you are correct in your expression about big country behaviour,
asteroid hits being what big countries get in return for being big may soundlike a moral statement and offensive for someone looking for a reason to feel offended,
it's simply a matter of statistical odds though.
A larger landmass makes randomly distributed asteroids just more likely to hit said landmass rather than a smaller one.
Doesn't take a genious to see the obvious there, does it.

Such stuff could also easily happen in parts of russia where not in a hundred years anybody knew it ever happened due to lack of population if it wasn't for modern observation means as scientific ones.
(Hopefully not a misinterpretation of the event by the dead hand (of Russia), we'd all gonna notice effects of that.)
Hence no simpathy directly needed for mere fact of landmass being striken,
only for people being affected by the consequences by the meteroite shower.
So much for trying to explain my abstract thinking.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 10:01:28 |Display all floors
amazing !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-16 10:43:13 |Display all floors
Solar Flares

Mankind may not be this lucky when the next big Solar Event occurs.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.