Views: 5038|Replies: 11

For Chinese Nationals only [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-10 19:37:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jay_dee at 2013-2-10 19:39

Only the old timers would know what life was like.
This thread is not meant to be sarcastic or degrading in any way, just an honest answer or opinion to those who lived it.

1.  Since China 'opened up' is it and its citizens better or worse off?

2.  Was corruption (all types) as bad or worse than today?

3.  Were people more honest and less likely to cheat others for profit?

4.  Did capitalism ruin Chinese culture?
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-11 12:16:59 |Display all floors
it's EMBARASSING story, indicates SERIOUS administrative or SYSTEMIC fault in the China system.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Homg Guards
Field Marshall

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-11 22:16:39 |Display all floors
1. Majority is not " better off".
2.No, it is worse now, it was much much better in old days.
3. For sure. I can vouch for that.
4. It has !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 05:34:59 |Display all floors
I am not a Chinese national, so I will wait and see the wonderful reviews of their answers.
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. --JKR

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-12 09:08:03 |Display all floors
Still the same depending on the connection with the leaders, whether districts, provinces and Beijing to have a better life. It's the same as in any other countries. Whether those  born with a silver spoon or farmers, that's is an outcome of their destinies.

Corruption haven't changed much, except that the exchanges take place under the table instead of on the tables.

Even eggs can be made to be real thing to cheat, what else? The lists can be listed into several pages. Just look at those "mafia" who are running eating businesses in Sanya, and other favourite destinations in Hainan.

Yes, just look at those trying to peel banana's skin with fork and knife.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-12 09:31:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by futsanglung at 2013-2-12 09:38
dostoevskydr Post time: 2013-2-11 22:16
1. Majority is not " better off".
2.No, it is worse now, it was much much better in old days.
3. For ...

I am not a Chinese national but have been around long enough to see the changes.

1,  On the whole most people are better off in their eyes, for one example not too long ago your own inside toilet was a luxury, now in most places it is the norm.

2,  Corruption is around as it always has been, it is just in a different form now, I just hope that the new top people stick to their guns and tackle this matter robustly.

3,  Sadly, maybe you are right on this point

4,  Chinese culture was built on capitalism, they had the first true banks and invented paper money.

People who makes comments such as yours should get into the heart of China and look again.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-12 09:35:59 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-2-12 09:31
I am not a Chinese national but have been around long enough to see the changes.

1,  On the whol ...
People who makes comments such as yours should get into the heart of China and look again.

Were you in China in 1976 ? 1982 ? 1989 ? 1993 ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.